If you prepaid $2100.00 in taxes, Uncle Sam could refund you $9987.00

by Hecce 17 Replies latest social current

• scary21
    scary21

There are some out there that lets say got 14.00 more a week,nothing they really even notice but every week that adds up. They then complain because their refund is less then last year but they got over $700.00 back.

Truth-be-known.......knows the truth....

DesirousOfChange. Yes, people just don't get it.

• Simon
    Simon
    The Boston Tea Party was a revolt over 1/2 cent tax on tea

Kind of. Most people imagine it was against a tax being imposed but it was actually against a tax being removed - the British were trying to bail out the East India Tea Company and wanted to compete with the locally grown produce which the rich landowners didn't like (or the noise about abolishing slavery and limiting expansion because of treaties with the Native Americans).

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is why I am a huge proponent of abolishing the U.S. Tax Code and the IRS in exchange for a flat tax. Everyone and every corporation pays a flat percentage in income tax to the U.S. government. The only deductions should be for donations to charities.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I reaffirm my conclusion that the tax law was designed to favor the lower-income people

This would be true if the law was in place on a permanent basis. But as you know, the tax breaks were only implemented on a permanent basis for corporations. For the average Joe, it's a temporary incentive to keep your mouth content and shut. In a few years, they will sweep the rug from under average Joe, and the big corporation keep enjoying the incentives.

now you see it, and now you don't. You should have known better than to think Trump cares about the working class.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is why I am a huge proponent of abolishing the U.S. Tax Code and the IRS in exchange for a flat tax.

In 2015, a flat tax rate of 17% on all income would have been required to produce the same amount of revenue as the current income tax. A 17 % tax on all of my income would be more than a 40% tax increase for me. My actual tax rate was about 12.4% this past year. This is in addition to the 7.65% tax I pay and my employer pays (matches) on my wages. Thus a persons wages (or at least my wages) would be taxed at over 36%. That doesn't include the FUTA and SUTA tax paid by employers on wages paid.

For lower income people, it could be even more because 46% of Americans pay ZERO income tax. ZERO. Whatever flat tax rate you impose will be greater that ZERO.

You can be damn sure that 17% would be significantly lower than what million dollar earners are paying now.

Sorry, I'm not in favor of you raising my taxes by over 40%. (Did you, by chance, go to business school with AOC?)

• blondie
    blondie

I guess you have to get or read the rest of the story.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I guess you have to get or read the rest of the story.

Sounds like a Paul Harvey story.

• blondie
    blondie

I was thinking that, DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit