First spammers arrested! Yeah, baby!

by MegaDude 14 Replies latest social current

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I hope they get tons of junk mail sent to them when their in jail!

Guest 77

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I'm really tired of getting all those e-mails that promise to lengthen your mortgage and lower your penis.

Rub

LOL @ Rub

It's nice to see this being put into action. I can't help but wonder how soon it will be before the loopholes are found and the spam just keeps getting churned out.

Good idea though

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I hope they get tons of junk mail sent to them when their in jail!

Actually, I recently read about someone doing just that. Some internet whiz-kid was able to track a spammer back to his home, and distributed the jerk's address to all his friends, who then distributed it exponentially worldwide. The recipients of this guy's address were asked to put him on as many junk mail lists as possible for everything imaginable. Apparently, after a few weeks, this guy began receiving a Post Office truckload of junk mail daily.

• elamona
    elamona

Only 12,876,432 to go!!!!!!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

In the meantime, you might check out www.death2spam.com.

It's an incredibly good spam filter. In the past two months that I've used it, it's identified about 10,000 spams for me and has never even a single time misidentified good mail as spam. It's a proxy mail server, which means there is nothing to install on your system. You can set it up in a few minutes. You use it for free for a month, and if you like it, the annual fee is $35 - a small price to pay in my case considering the obscene volume of spam I get (I have a few compromised mail addresses that I need to keep.).

It is by far the best spam fighting software I have ever seen. And they have good ideas for refining the software to punish spammers even more. That's a fight I can support!

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit