In the latest JW_ORG cartoon video, young Caleb learns from his father that he does not have to be baptized to be a Jehovah's Witness

by jwleaks 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

In the latest JW_ORG cartoon Caleb learns from his father that he can be a Jehovah's Witness without being baptized by becoming an 'unbaptized publisher'.

The video also refers to a potential meeting with the elders to discuss Caleb becoming an 'unbaptized publisher'.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/activities/Become-an-Unbaptized-Publisher/

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There isn't enough vomit in the entire universe and beyond to express how this makes me feel....

• Ding
    Ding

After they become unbaptized publishers, there will be tremendous pressure on them to get baptized.

• carla
    carla

I can't stomach watching it but something I have always wondered about is why jw's use the word 'unbaptized'. It drives me crazy! the word 'un' usually means to undo something; unravel the yarn, it made me unhappy he spit on me, some things in life you can't undo, etc..... To me the word unbaptized would be better for apostates who want to undo their baptism so they can continue to have relationships with their baptized family members. "It would be nice to be considered and unbaptized jw going forward."

'Unbaptized publishers' is so awkward and doesn't even make sense. They haven't un-done anything and furthermore they don't actually 'publish' anything either.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ding:

This is a prime example how the Borg speaks from both sides of its mouth

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

At about 0:36, the father says: "It's like getting a licence to drive a car. You have to be approved."

Even though there are no scriptures I can think of that show a requirement for someone to pass a formal 'interview' or test before they can start preaching. In the same way as there is no Biblical requirement to turn in a "service report" each month.

Two major ways in which man-made rules have been added to what was written for the sake of administrative and corporate convenience, turning what should be a spontaneous and enthusiastic sharing of one's beliefs motivated by personal desire, into a rigid, structured "assignment" at the behest of an organisation. Quite Pharisaical, in fact.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"Un"baptized?

What about the watchtower mags that have said that unless one is BAPTIZED as a JW they are not in line for salvation?

• Biahi
    Biahi

This negates their statement about Rebekah Vardy (UK) that she was not, or never was, a Jehovah’s Witness. She was a child taken to the hall by her parents. She had to live by the teachings. I wish someone had told me I “wasn’t a Jehovah’s Witness.”

• Ding
    Ding

The WT always tries to claim that it is doing what first century Christians did.

Where in the Bible or in secular history were first century Christians referred to as "publishers"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit