Last Day of Chemo

by azor 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• azor
    azor

Today is the end of my son's 3 -1/2 year treatment for leukemia. We had a small party at the hospital with nursing staff and a few friends. It has been a great day with the exception of getting walking pnemonia from his sister.

It has been a long road. Hopefully he is done with this. 90% remission rate and he has responded very well to his treatment.

Thank you for all your support and well wishes. It means a lot after losing so much of our prior support system.

Now I'm off to hold my kids as we watch a movie together.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Great news azor and the very best of luck. Give your kids a hug from me.

SF

• Magnum
    Magnum
    3.5 years??? Wow! I'm ignorant about the illness; I had no idea treatment could last that long. I hope he's done with it, too. How old is he?
  • cofty
    cofty

I'm so happy for you all. The future looks bright!

It must have been really tough on the whole family. Enjoy the celebrations.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That's great news, I am very happy for you.

• Simon
    Simon
    Great news! :thumbsup:
  • eva luna
    eva luna

That is a wonderful update.

Enjoy the movie together

Hugs to you and your little ones.

• azor
    azor
    He is now 8. When he has his portocath removed from his chest later this month he will be enrolling in martial arts and baseball. He can't wait. He couldn't do it before because of the potential danger to his port that is right next to his heart.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    This is such good news! I wish him luck in martial arts and baseball. Those uniformed pictures that look like baseball cards are so precious!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This has been a shitty day.

But that's the kind of news that makes things a little brighter! It's the kind of thing that gives me that "warm & fuzzy" feeling. I don't even know you or your family, but I'm happy that things are looking well.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit