The Watchtower leaders are afraid of our elephants

by TerryWalstrom 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The Watchtower is trying to morph into something new, that we won't even recognize as our old religion. But the new version, I suspect, will live on.

In many ways, it already is. The goal is clearly to make it as easy as possible to be a JW (within reason), and to donate.

I've heard rumors about the governing body beginning to say that the prophecy of Mathew about preaching, is now completed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Org completely takes the emphasis out of traditional preaching and opts to increase other forms of more static service such carts, and other means. In my mind, door to door preaching will be phased out completely.

And why not? The business model is changing. Printing is slowly dying, and the Org no longer really relies on donations from publishers in exchange for the magazines they received. Congregations as a whole are beginning to pick up the tab straight from their coffers. Publishers are expected to donate in exchange of....nothing. Just put money on the box because you are supposed to.

I sat down next to a presiding overseer a few weeks ago during a dinner, and he was boasting on how much easier it was to be a JW now, that everything is simpler, smaller, shorter, streamlined. The Org is becoming more palatable as we move forward, and is putting less strain on those willing to stay in, and those capable of ignoring the glaring doctrinal inconsistencies, in exchange of a false sense of belonging to something special.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Ebay was such a success, the Org has decided to go for Obey.

The Kingdom Hall is a kennel for proper training. The leash reaches all the way to Walkill.

All you have to do to qualify is show up, donate, salute the JW.Org flag and pledge your allegiance to the GB.

If you don't drool too much, you can stand within 15 feet of a cart nobody will be interested in.

If some sheeplike person asks you a provocative question regarding doctrinal changes, pass it off to somebody else.

If you are hit with a Q&A about WT history, promise to do research and then run for your car and never return.

Yep, easy peasy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "All you have to do to qualify is show up, donate, salute the JW.Org flag and pledge your allegiance to the GB.™..."

"I pledge allegiance to JW-dot-org, of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, and to the New System for which it stands, one Truth under the Governing Body, unconditional, with loyalty and obedience above all..."

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Make the Sign of the JW with your middle finger, at least. . .

• myelaine
    myelaine

speaking of pledging alligence: The other day I noticed the similarity between the JW icon and the whitehouse one. I'll only post the one here.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. myelaine's post...

Holy f**k.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

redvip2000 - "The goal is clearly to make it as easy as possible to be a JW..."

Not quite.

It's to make it as easy as possible to be a hard-core JW loyalist (who comprise maybe 10 percent of the rank-and-file)... whilst making it harder and hard to be a soft-core, TTATTer, or fence-sitter (the remaining 90-ish percent).

After all, they're significantly downsizing their property holdings, literature output, and leadership (to a core group).

Stands to reason they'd want to downsize the membership, too.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I choose to see all the downsizing as twofold:

1. Squeezing money out of assets to afford lawsuits.

2. Reinventing the religion ala Worldwide Church of Gawd

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Terry, re. #2...

Could be.

Pretty sure that whatever the case, they'll want a membership of just hard-core True Believers.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Pretty sure that whatever the case, they'll want a membership of just hard-core True Believers.

Accretion.

The smart ones wake up and leave (or are driven out and shunned) which leaves the less smart. Being less smart, these remainders are easily controllable.
    The constant sifting and shifting leaves the Watchtower members dumber and dumber-er.

The dumber the membership is, the more maneuver room the puppetmasters are given room to shuck and jive.

The ideal version of the Jehovah's Witness religion would be a once a week check-in by tablet or PC with a pledge payment and a Check YES on "Are you still brainwashed?"
    The GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit