Ahhhh! Let the shunning begin...

by Winston Smith :>D 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Well, the official announcement hasn't been made yet, and already the shunning has started.

What a surprise.

My wife cuts the 'friends' hair at our house. Last night someone was going to come over but asked if my wife would go to their house instead because it bothered their conscinece coming to our house with me there.

I told my wife that since the announcement wasn't made yet, that this person was being presumptuous for going ahead of the organization and shunning me. Maybe the elders wouldn't accept my DA letter. The elders never called me. And if this person was to shun me without my DA being official, then aren't they moving ahead of jehover?

I said all of this with a smirk on my face.

She smiled back at me and gave me a 'look' to let me know that she got the point, but that it still didn't change what this person's conscience allowed them to do.

As a side note, I have had two people that I sent the letters to tell me that they will not shun me and will continue to talk to me.

That was nice to hear

And i have talked to two other JW's on the phone who didn't get a letter but after I told them that I was DA'ing myself they said that they will still talk to me even if I DA myself.

Of course they were cyberguy and shotgun, so maybe they don't count

Come to think of it, shotgun said he can't talk to me after the announcement is made.

What a turd

Paul

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

JWs are contradictory.

When people don't want to talk to them (door to door), they absolutely refuse to shut up. They will not stop talking, even defending their right to pester you against your will in court.

But, when people do want to talk to them (df'd relatives), they absolutely refuse to talk, even defending their right to shun in court.

Come to think of it, I'll bet most householders would love to get disfellowshipped.

I guess, Paul, you will now be limited to associating with only 99.9% of the world's population. It's the first day of the rest of your life.

• little witch
    little witch

Winston

So did your wife accomodate that biddy?

If someone said something about my man like that, I would have said, "of course, I will be right there"!

Then I would have shorn off the batches hair! Maybe while she is hiding in shame, she would gain some insight into empathy.

Haircut

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Well, the official announcement hasn't been made yet, and already the shunning has started.

another case in point, how do people know, (SISTERS KNOW) who are not part of the body of elders so they would have to be informed, know about information that has not been publicly announced yet (let alone told you personally)

see it is ok to disobey the rules by sharing confidential information..... but they must be strict in obeying rules about shunning..

this religion is so hypocritical. It blows me away that i didn't see it sooner.

I hope this doesn't get worse, but, I suppose it will when it is finally announced.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Any reasonable and thinking person reading your letter, has to agree with you. I believe that those who read your letter will reread it and will make some kind of move, maybe not right away, but, it will play on their mind. You've open the door to others, and when things start moving within the congreation, expect the blame for causing division.

Yes, whenever you start stirring the pot, expect action.

Guest 77

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Well, the wife did go over there. I don;t think that she did anything unusual with their hair. Oh well.

how do people know, (SISTERS KNOW) who are not part of the body of elders so they would have to be informed, know about information that has not been publicly announced yet (let alone told you personally)

I did send out ALOT of letters to JW who were at one time my friends. A couple went out to people in our KH. My wife told me that the PO in our KH had his hands full with calls from other JW's from other congregations telling about the present they got in the mail from me last week.

see it is ok to disobey the rules by sharing confidential information..... but they must be strict in obeying rules about shunning..

this religion is so hypocritical. It blows me away that i didn't see it sooner.

You and I both! It boggles my mind how I refused to acknowledge it.

i'll post a copy of the the cover letter that I sent out with my 8 page DA letter to these 'friends' of mine in the future. Don't ahve it here at work.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    My wife told me that the PO in our KH had his hands full with calls from other JW's from other congregations telling about the present they got in the mail from me last week.

That's absolutely great! I don't know why, but it's great! I guess it's because you decided to directly let people know rather than let the gossip flow.

Keep us updated!

• Gadget
    Gadget

Another Paul......

I hope it doesn't cause you too many problems.

Paul

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Winston, Thanks for keeping us informed. So, at least four people will continue to be open to you. That is good news. There may be hope for them too. j

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yeah, the news that some will continue to talk to you is great. I don't really have anyone feeling that way and I haven't even written an official letter of DAing. I only said to few of my closest old JW friends and family that I was stopping JW activities and being one. I've done nothing official and already they have nothing to do with me. After only negative reactions, I figured forget this, I'm not telling anyone else, I just quit doing anything with any JW. It's easier to just let go on my terms than being shunned by multitudes.

I envy your guts on sending in the letter. I'm seriously considering writing one myself. I'm just so tired of the whole thing and I am tired of my hair falling out from the stress of it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit