Enlighten me If you can

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I was a guy in the sixties and seventies that twice grew a beard and each time was told and "encouraged" to get rid of it and this was in two different states in Australia.

I find it amusing about the illustrations in the publications of the anointed in heaven that all have beards men and women , even though their is no male or female gender in heaven

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Zindagi - So any elders or co's about can you explain what principle is being applied to all three?

Zindagi, Why don't you ask the elders in your congregation, after all they are the ones who have taken the decisions?

By the way, I think you are from a congregation in India. Because such disorders happen in India more often.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Actually, no one seems to have mentioned the lastest updates to the WT was that beards are acceptable for elders... if you read the paragraph... therefore you can show this article from 2016 I think to elders and if they disagree accuse them of apostasy!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tiki hit the nail on the head; "They are so obsessed with outward appearances...when the inner person is what is truly important..."

This was one of my major objections 50 years ago, although I was unable to articulate it so succinctly.

"Pasta" CT Russell stressed the importance of developing a "Christ-like" personality, as did most of the Zion's Watch Tower traveling representatives back in the day. Today you can find this in the Bible Students. If you ever have an opportunity to get to know one, I think you will find a side-by-side comparison of a typical Bible Student and one of Jehovah's Witnesses enlightening.

Fear not! I have not abandoned my atheism, nor am I about to. I am simply sharing my own experience. During the time I was working on my replica-reprint adventures, my research brought me into contact with a few modern day Bible Students, and I found them to be gentlemen with whom I enjoyed communicating; REALLY nice guys!

I'm not endorsing their doctrines or sticking with Pasta Russell. I think that I'm a pretty nice guy too, and I achieve that without any Bibles, Pyramidology or pasta Russell t-shirts. If I was to search for flaws in their character, I would say that one thing I found was some serious protectivism in regard to Bible Student history - as though they saw themselves as the angels blocking sinners from the entrance to Eden or the "Holy of Holies." They would clam up when discussions like the TRUE causes of Russell's death were brought up.

I forgive them, they're nice guys.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Are beards ok or not?

I am going to put on the WT cap and answer this question like they would. Yes they are okay, unless they aren't.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Dreary Weather

Zindagi, Why don't you ask the elders in your congregation, after all they are the ones who have taken the decisions?

You think I have not alrready ! They themselves are a confused lot with double ,triple standards. By the way two elders have beards .Both father and son. When asked about it they said for medical reasons, we are not rebelling or anything. So the conclusion is if you grow a beard you are looked upon as a rebel, they will see you as not in subjection. Was about to say "So do you think Jesus was also a rebel then" but bit my tongue. Was already in hot water asking questions. In my experience no BoE likes to be questioned, the sooner one suggests anything they take it as challenging their positions. I have never seen so much insecurity with regard to their positions anywhere else.

Peace.

• zeb
    zeb

Just last night going over some old letters I came across one that dealt with this very problem with reply from the branch.

Basically it said nothing. That in some congs clean shaven may allow for moustache but in some other it may not and that the elders are all wonderful blah blah blah...

It was interesting to see a full page of type that said nought. I was reminded it was like so many convention talks that used 50 words when 5 would do.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Hi Zeb

Can you please scan it or do a link so can read it?

I would not be offended if you dont want to.

Peace

• zeb
    zeb

I will have to ask a friend.. may take a while.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thats ok, Zeb I can wait.

Thank you.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit