Good Afternoon!

by VeniceIT 25 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well I know this isn't like my usual posts but bear with me. I know there are blowups on this board, and I guess not everyone gets a long 100%, 100% of the time, but we all have a bond that keeps bringing us back--Pain. We here have all suffered at the hands a merciless cult, and I know many have sufferd more then the rest of us can ever comprehend.

I miss my family and friends, somedays it's almost more then I can bear, but get by. I found out a few weeks ago from the hairdress of all people ,that two of my best friends got married. It was a real shock to me, how can they just go on like nothings happend. It made me feel like a ghost, I tried to see my sister but she wasn't home, which I was kinda glad because I didn't know if I could take her not answering or make us leave.

I thought I was coping fine that everything was ok, I had a few rough dreams the last few nights but I was ok. Then we went to see Pearl Harbor. (I'll warn you now I cry at hallmark commericals)!!! IT is an EPIC flim that everyone should see.

It really got me to thinking though, how much so many people have suffured and lived through. Not just here but all over the world all through time, the human heart somehow just keeps going, when it looks like there is no way out. I think we have several Hero's here on this board, who have sufferd and lost everything, but somehow find it in their hearts to go on, and help others and make a life for themselves.

I just want to say thank you for letting me share this small peice of you lives, you are truly an inspiration and I thank you from the bottom of my broken and torn heart!

Venice
    P.S. Tally you have suffered so much, I can't even comprehend what you went through and the guilt you must feel even though you know you shouldn't, you did what you had to do. I know I don't know you too well, and I know even less about your problem, but you are a true survivor and I tip my hat to you!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Nice post.

Like you say, everyone here has been through so much. Sometimes it's nice to take a moment and think about that. Thanks for the comments.

Path

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

(((((((((((Venice)))))))))))

Anton

• sf
    sf

{{{{{{{VeniceANDTom}}}}}}}

Love to ya both!! We all need each other thru this Krisis. And yes, a great many of us are trying hard to make that difference in the very next person who exits or enters that korrupt kult. And it is producing dynamic results. Sometimes they aren't easy to see, yet, given the increase in yahoo chatters and some other places i "covertly visit", many facts, documents, threads, news items, sites, etc. ARE being "WITNESSED". And I notice too that many people are doing it; taking and pasting actual text and webpages that expose the TRUTH about the kult. It's sort of a domino affect.

Now, get that Tallyman on yahoo voice girly...lets see how powerful you really are!!

laughs and hugs, sKally

• mommy
    mommy

Vennie,
    ((((((hugs))))) I love ya girl, even if you are a brat

When our family is involved the pain will never go away. There is something about losing them that will always affect us, even if they pass away. I have always tried to live everday as if it is my last. Enjoy every day,every hour, every minute, every second, every breath.

The weight of the pain we carry is often heavy and cause us to be sad, or even angry. I know I often go through these emotions. I just try to look to the future and the wonderful things we may experience.

Thanks Venice, for calling us heros, I agree. I have met some extraordinary people here who have changed my life. I am so thankful to have met you all, and even if you do not know it, you have affected my life. THANK YOU!
    wendy

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi sweetheart! We went to see Pearl Harbor last Saturday night, and ate hot dogs and popcorn for dinner. Gross, eh? But we both cried! Can you picture that? Dave crying? It had been a really hard day for me, and all that we have been going through lately, with all the terminal illnesses in the family, just hit me hard!! I cried half the day, and you know me. I am not much of a crier. I wasn't allowed to cry, when I was a child, so it isn't easy to let it out, but I had no choice. The floodgates just opened up, when my friend called me.........you know.....Oll_ _? She said, "what's wrong?" And I just burst into tears. She was here in 5 minutes to give me a hug. Now her mother is dying. Very hard for her, since she is so far away. Anyway, Dave thought a movie would be good for me, and I wanted to see that one. It was a good choice, because I cried some more. I needed to do it. Thanks for this post. You are the BEST!!!

• jurs
    jurs

venice,
    i can't imagine how it would have been to have left the organization and have no one to talk to and not realize that their are many others going through the same thing. this site has been helpful beyond words. i'm grateful for the information, the humor, and knowing that their is a listening ear that really understands . i know its not much but i wanted to let you know my heart goes out to you. jurs

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((vennie)))))))))))my fav brat! luv yas
    ((((((((((mulan)))))))))))))))I'm so sorry about the family health situation :<
    Wishing you both strength and courage,luv,Tina

• poohbear1962
    poohbear1962

Venice,

Excellent post!! ((((Venice)))) ...and, I cried LOTS during Pearl Harbor!! *blush* ...of course, I do plenty of that anyway, but the whole movie was sooooo MOVING, and you are soooo right: there are MANY folks here who have suffered TREMENDOUS personal losses, and they are truly "heroes"!!! ...(((((HUGS)))) to everyone!!!

Take care, and may you be blessed!!

Pooh

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Venice:

We've never chatted in the chatroom but I do read your posts and your sense of humour always makes me laugh. I too have admired the way you and your family stood up to the elders and fired all your ammunition at them for hours and how your father exposed the underhandedness and stupidity of the borg in the parking fiasco.

I know how you feel not being able to see family members and have health crises to deal with as I have been in the situation too.

It's heartbreaking to say the least. I've lived through the humiliation when I was df'd of having a non-blood relative be the one to phone me to tell me my family will ALLOW me to visit my father in the hospital at such and such a time and day, because he could be on his death-bed and they won't be there.

I still weep over the feeling of desperation I had over not being allowed to see him even before he was in the hospital because my family lived within eye-sight of his apt. He wanted to see me but was threatened that the elders would have to be informed if I came there..and I weep over the memories I have of how I cried as I drove to his town to the hospital wondering if he would still be alive when I got there.

I know there are plenty more people all over who have suffered the same and even more that I have...and that just makes it worse to think that. To think that this so-called brotherhood swimming in love, can have that kind of effect on people's lives and tear their families apart and THEN to blame it all on us, just make me sick.

Thank you for sharing your feelings here with us Venice....It really does help us all no matter what level of recovery we are at.

Had Enough

ps: I hope someday you will tell us some of the material you and your mom prepared for your committee meeting that lasted 5 hours instead of the 15 minutes the elders thought. I wish we could have seen them squirm. HAHA (your laugh is much better though)

pps: I want to see 'Pearl Harbour' too...thanks for the warning..I cry at weddings so I'll go armed with plenty of kleenex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit