Jehovah’s Witnesses and Disaster Relief

by mildren53 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mildren53
    mildren53

I'm looking for this brochure mentioned in God's Kingdom book. I've heard it's only for gubernamental authorities. Otherwise someone would have it in pdf format? Thank you

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Is this what you are looking for?

Mission to Africa - 1997 brochure

*clicking link will start automatic download of pdf

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Thanks OrphanCrow!

1997 - Mission to Africa

Which page in God's Kingdom Rules?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Wifi, I also have an article that was published in a German newspaper about this organization's efforts in Haiti (Aidafrique)

...sending it to you to make available

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Which page in God's Kingdom Rules?

Page 215 Box:

AN ADDED TOOL FOR RELIEF WORKERS
    IN June 2013, the brochure Jehovah’s Witnesses and Disaster Relief became available. It was especially prepared for government officials in the United States who oversee emergency management efforts. The brochure describes some of the relief efforts that we have carried out since the mid-1940’s. It also features a map that illustrates the global scale of our relief work. “Brothers serving on Disaster Relief Committees use this brochure to establish contacts with key officials in disaster-prone areas well before disasters strike,” explains an elder who is involved in organizing relief efforts. “When such officials are already familiar with our relief activities, it becomes easier for us to obtain from them the permissions needed to enter areas where disasters have occurred.”
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Disaster relief for Jehovah's Witnesses!? What a joke..........

One of the best forms of 'relief' from the 'disaster' of being a Jehovah's Witness is to become a member of this forum.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Did you have any laundry we could wash for you while you wait?

Would you care for some pie?

• SadElder
    SadElder

Does the brochure state anywhere that they ask those who they help to turn over any insurance money they may receive? Bet you it's silent on that.

They actually have people assigned to talk to the person(s) they help and "persuade" them to fork it over.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Disaster relief for Jehovah's Witnesses!? What a joke

That is not a joke, but a truthful commentary about what they are offering. They will assist only Jehovah's Witnesses (and perhaps some who are making progress down the recruitment pipeline.)

My ex-Elder-in-Law worked on a WTBTS relief crew after a major hurricane, and he was quite candid that they were there to help their own--not those most in need, regardless of creed.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The above brochure/leaflet is just for the USA territory?

Check this out for the 'B' to 'Z'

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/help-community/disaster-relief/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit