Do you find Watchtower as Looney as Jim Jones?

by Foolednomore 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Simon,

Have any of your other family members left the WT? If so, how many?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Do you find Watchtower as Looney as Jim Jones?

It's not an easy comparison. I don't think there's a scale of 'looney' to refer to.

Jim Jones ended it fairly quickly-ish. The JW's are dragging it out.

I don't think the Jobots will ever have a mass suicide. Their lives are a mental suicide though.

• Simon
    Simon
    Have any of your other family members left the WT? If so, how many?

My father was Df'd when I was little and I got back in touch with him later in life.

My much younger half-brother never really got "in" to leave, I credit myself for some of that by feeding him information as I was leaving. It's odd how he's totally accepted and part of the family though.

None of rest of my immediate family have as far as I know (mother, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews etc...)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It might not be as blatant as such, but the washtowel does spiritually slaughter people. They know the truth and act against it. No one is allowed to do anything fun, and they waste their time pushing the whole scam instead of doing things that are good for them. Life is a drudgery, and there are no genuine holidays. That wastefest they call a memorial is nothing more than a poor imitation of judaism (which I deem no better than the other branches of abrahamic religion).

How does it feel to sit at a Grand Boasting Session, usually in a hot, stuffy arena or stadium with seating meant for sports, not for long lectures. And this is instead of going on vacation--a trip to Six Flags would cost about the same as what they waste going to these Grand Boasting Sessions.

Or to pious-sneer during vacation. Dragging your children out in field circus during their whole school vacation is abusive, preventing them from playing and learning. You lose opportunity to get things done, to enjoy the natural wonders, to go in the woods and camp out or to the theme park. And forget enjoying anything--you see attractive things, you quickly dismiss them and go right back to knocking on doors.

This doesn't just affect the small percentage affected by the no-blood rule (and some of those who are, are affected directly because of religious activities taking them in harm's way). Everyone in the religion is cut off from natural activities. They donate to the worst cause in the world, ballyhoo those working despite being very sick or going through severe persecution (because people don't want this scam around), and constantly shift the blame to the real Gods (like Satan, Beelzebul, Azazel, Astarte, and whoever else they can find that wants us following the laws of nature). All of which invokes direct consequences that are not very pleasant, and puts curses on the soul so they keep attracting bad things for all lifetimes.

And, has anyone else noticed those ugly hebrew letters in some of the scriptures? Index markers, my eye--those are a direct curse, amplifying the curses within the bible. I, personally, do not want those abominations in my place any more than the jokehovians would like it if I were to play Led Zeppelin IV instead of a Kingdumb malady before the boasting session.

At least with the Jones cult, it was a one-off. That was what a snap trap is to a mouse, what the jokehovian witless religion is to a glue trap. And, there is always the threat of being legally and astrally bound to always be a jokehovian witless minister (yup, you are legally ordained as soon as you are baptized as a jokehovian). While they usually disfellowship you for breaking the rules, if they feel you are "low hanging fruit", they also have the option of binding you to following their rules under strict supervision of the hounders (thanks, Scientology). This makes even the glue trap seem humane by comparison--at least the mouse knows it is stuck as soon as it steps in one.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "Jim Jones ended it fairly quickly-ish. The JW's are dragging it out."

Hard to argue with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit