The Secret

by TuningFork 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TuningFork
    TuningFork

We have entered "new energy", so to speak - a paradigm shift. Shall we continue to "search" for the ever-eluding transcendent state of being (beyond mind) or become "still" (beyond transcendence)? Consider this:

Taittiriya Upanishad

One who knows thus leaves this seeming world behind,
    withdraws into this self that's made from food,
    withdraws into this self that's formed of living energy,
    withdraws into this self that just consists of mind,
    withdraws into this self that only is discerning consciousness,
    and withdraws into this self that's nothing else but happiness.

from the advatin -------

This state of stillness and silence/knowing - the knowledge of being the valley and allowing the water (spirit) to flow to us naturally from the mountain (whatever form it may take) is transcendence (beyond mind). To stop searching, to allow stillness, is what I see this Taittiriya Upanishad saying. We no longer have to look or search for these things (learn, yes). Being "still" is more appropriate than saying there will just be an ongoing process of transcendence.

"Be still to the left (logical), be still to the right (creative) and in the middle you will find the secret. The secret of "silence - nothing" (beyond transcendence)....... Quote by Sunpar

Sunpar (TuningFork)

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    To stop searching, to allow stillness,

Agreed. To "search" is to reinforce a lost identity. Eventually seeking must stop. That there may be clear seeing of what already IS. j

• IronGland
    IronGland

One day while walking through the wilderness a man stumbled upon a vicious tiger. He ran but soon came to the edge of a high cliff. Desperate to save himself, he climbed down a vine and dangled over the fatal precipice. As he hung there, two mice appeared from a hole in the cliff and began gnawing on the vine. Suddenly, he noticed on the vine a plump wild strawberry. He plucked it and popped it in his mouth. It was incredibly delicious!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One day the Master announced that a young monk had reached an advanced state of enlightment. The news caused some stir. Some of the monks went to see the young monk. "We heard you are enlightened. Is that true?" they asked.

"It is," he replied.

"And how do you feel?"

"As miserable as ever," said the monk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A student went to his meditation teacher and said, "My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I'm constantly falling asleep. It's just horrible!"

"It will pass," the teacher said matter-of-factly.

A week later, the student came back to his teacher. "My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It's just wonderful!'

"It will pass," the teacher replied matter-of-factly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two traveling monks reached a river where they met a young woman. Wary of the current, she asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated, but the other quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him and departed.

As the monks continued on their way, the one was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. "Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that one up on your shoulders and carried her!"

"Brother," the second monk replied, "I set her down on the other side, while you are still carrying her."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A farmer got so old that he couldn't work the fields anymore. So he would spend the day just sitting on the porch. His son, still working the farm, would look up from time to time and see his father sitting there. "He's of no use any more," the son thought to himself, "he doesn't do anything!" One day the son got so frustrated by this, that he built a wood coffin, dragged it over to the porch, and told his father to get in. Without saying anything, the father climbed inside. After closing the lid, the son dragged the coffin to the edge of the farm where there was a high cliff. As he approached the drop, he heard a light tapping on the lid from inside the coffin. He opened it up. Still lying there peacefully, the father looked up at his son. "I know you are going to throw me over the cliff, but before you do, may I suggest something?" "What is it?" replied the son. "Throw me over the cliff, if you like," said the father, "but save this good wood coffin. Your children might need to use it."

• TuningFork
    TuningFork

Thank you James. In your brief comment, I see that you understand what has been presented.

Sunpar (TuningFork)

• TuningFork
    TuningFork

Thank you IronGland. I loved your post as well. It's a keeper. Please continue to post such wisdom.

Sunpar (TuningFork)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hello TuningFork,

I appreciate your post so much. You haven't been here for quite awhile and I have missed you! It feels good when we reach the point where we realize the answer for truth is not in any one significant teaching or philosophy, but within one's self. That is the secret indeed. When that realization happens, by whatever means, there is no need to look beyond, compare and search scripture text, or study the Koran or any other great books of faith. Clarity and comfort comes from sharing the simple message we have. A simple message of love and compassion. Not complicated at all.

There will be many who cannot grasp that we do not need to be worshipping something or someone. Our society seems structured for cults and religions, and a variety of belief systems. There is some good in all things, even religion; but religion in any form is not the truth that humans seek. The truth that sets one free is not in any one place, or thing, or person.

Knowledge is wisdom, and I believe this to be true. We can pull good and valuable information that can assist us to be the best we can be, and to help our fellow man. Searching for ways to accomplish this is ia good thing. But it is a relaxed place to be, to reach inside and hug yourself and love yourself. This is the beginning. If we are very still and let go, amazing things will change our life. Well said, James.

IronGland, those stories are great!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Enjoyed this thread.

"Life is like water. If you soften the hollow of your hand, you keep it; if you clasp your fist, you lose it." (French writer Jean Giono, recording a saying from traditional water diviners in the southeast of France.)

• sOOner
    sOOner

Too use a quote that is familiar too most"I am that I am and that is enough for me"I am therefore I am "ME"

When I look in my mirror I see someone that has come out of the "BORG" with many experiences.I am thankful for the experiences after the "BORG".In it I would not have tasted any experience truly with a open heart.I feel hearts in the "BORG" are closed off to the realities that ~LIFE~ presents us.

I am saddened that my mama who is facing open heart surgery has shunned myself and siblings once again.I choose too remember mama the way it was before the "BORG"took her mind.

I have many fond and enduring memories and these I am thankful for.

sOOner

AHO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit