Report of the Trustees and Financial Statements for the Year Ended 31st August 2013 for Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain

by OrphanCrow 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Downloadable as a pdf here.

I did a search and couldn't find this posted on the forum. If it has been and this is a repeat post....I apologize.

There is lots of information in that pdf that may be of interest to our members who like numbers and money and misc info pertaining to WTS organizational structure, etc.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Where the hell did the money go because if you read the report, the auditors said they did good in 2013. So then after that then in 2014 and especially this year is when everything must have fell apart.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I'm wondering if someone well connected didn't take the money and run. This religion is ripe for this kinda abuse. Their two trusting to ignorant etc.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Their income from donations dropped from £22m to £17m over the course of a year.

There's actually more recent accounts (for 2014): http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends61/0001077961_AC_20140831_E_C.pdf

Those one shows a massive increase in donations of cash and goods taking them to £35m (double the previous year). A huge chunk of that may be the drop in money held by the branch on behalf of local congos from £39m to £27m.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Finally, a set of real financial statements! It's late and I'm busy. Some time in the next couple of days I'll take a look at these and see if I can distill it into a reasonable summary.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thank you, JeffT! (and Mephis for the 2014 statement)

I knew there would be somebody here who would know how to read a real financial statement. I look forward to your summary.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Very interesting, will read the summary, thx!

• dozy
    dozy

No disrespect , but the OP didn't search very hard. These accounts have been published every year. They have often been referenced here on JW.com , as well as those from Canada.

IBSA accounts here... http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends47/0000216647_AC_20140831_E_C.pdf

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    dozy: No disrespect , but the OP didn't search very hard.

No disrespect taken. This financial statement did not turn up in searches on this forum. If you can find a thread on this forum where this has already been discussed, it would be much appreciated. No disrespect intended.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    One of the things which jumps out at me every time I look at the accounts they have to file in Britain (whether local or national), is the amount of cash they have on hand and available. So they're broke? But they have £50m held at Bethel in London. Cash. The local circuit assembly hall to me has £300k in cash in its own bank account. The problem is how they're spending it, not on the amount they're getting, I'd suggest. Unless something huge has happened in the US differing to Britain, and I know there's some reliable people saying donations have absolutely tanked there, it just looks like stagnant donation levels (or even falling ones) colliding with grandiose expansion plans. The £9m write off of debts from congos in Britain is a decent wedge of money, but they've also pulled £12m out of the accounts they've held in trust, so they're in profit...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit