There is no true religion.

by atomant 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant

l came to this conclusion based on the fact that humans are imperfect living in an imperfect world.The bible was written by imperfect human hands and is impossible to interpret with 100% accuracy.Religion is man made to help control the masses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no true religion.

Image result for Wrong

Image result for Church of beerImage result for Church of beer

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Brings to mind the refrain from the Billy Currington song:

"God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy..."

I agree with the sentiment that there is no true religion. Everything that is good in this World seems to have been corrupted and made dirty. None of the "religions" have much Truth as they have become hierarchies of men who promote the dogma of men.

As I reflect upon "The Way" that was shown us by the Son of Man it occurs that it was never intended to become a "religion" under the control of some man made organization. I believe, instead, it was intended to be a Way of Living where each man and woman does his/her best to develop Love and Goodness. We seem to be born with a longing for peace and harmony but it is lost too quickly. As toddlers we adopt the behaviors we find in our familial environment. We are corrupted from the beginning or our lives.

• just fine
    just fine

There is not one true religion or path or course. We all have to find our way and what works for us.

• waton
    waton

Religion, looking at the word I think of my ligaments, allowing muscles to pull, some are getting weak with age and I like to re-habilitate them.

IF something binds us to a possible creator, it would be following his creative example, deeply enjoying work, caring in a family, without sentimentality, rewarding success.

Bad bible story example: re-connect with god by sacrifice? carrion vs vegetables.? carrion wins and gets you killed? try something useful instead that benefits life, advances knowledge.

• smiddy
    smiddy

"Religion is the opium of the people" is still a truism today

The almighty true God is supposed to have communicated with imperfect humans for the first 4000 years and is dead silent for the past 2000 years ?

I think he has a serious problem.

• atomant
    atomant

remember a day is like a thousand human days l think god slept in for 2 days or had a hangover or something.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

l came to this conclusion based on the fact that humans are imperfect living in an imperfect world.The bible was written by imperfect human hands and is impossible to interpret with 100% accuracy.Religion is man made to help control the masses.

I agree. However religion does do some goodness. Many organized religions provide healthy outlet for people to socialize and belong to a community in a healthy way. It keeps some people away from trouble, and it provides some guidance to some people who otherwise would be clueless. The social aspect of religion is an important part of society.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

In other breaking news, water is wet.

Seriously though, the one good thing the WTS has done for us is immunize us against any other form of religious expression.

'Cause every one of us, at one time or another in our exit, has had the thought "if JWs don't have the 'True Religion', no one does!"

• Half banana
    Half banana

If God exists, she must be sick. However there must be "true religion" because blues singer Leadbelly sang about it.

And by the way Atomant, have you realized that you are holding on to religious propaganda to believe that humans are imperfect?

Why evaluate humanity on Biblical notions of purity? On the same scale of perfection every living thing could be described as "imperfect", snails, raccoons, eagles, voles, beetles, tigers etc. How would a perfect thing look? Why single out humans?

(But don't stop thinking!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit