Suspected sex offender finally arrested!

by LoveUniHateExams 18 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

... aaand it's Julian Assange.

Here's the footage of his arrest. Try not to laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oqJiNzJQ_E

#BelieveAllWomen

#MeToo

• cofty
    cofty

The charges of sex offences have been dropped long ago. He was arrested for skipping bail in the UK.

Knowingly or not he became an agent of the GRU. A British court will have to judge whether he should be extradited to the USA. Free speech is essential in a democracy but governments also need confidentiality in national interests.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Assange was given bail, a court date in Sweden was set, Assange fled justice ... after all that, sex charges were dropped.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you count the 7 years confined in that embassy, he did time for the sex charge. That is a lot of life wasted in that building. It's poetic justice. Now that he's out of there he will be caught in the world of political intrigue and the judicial systems of the nations. Should be fun.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

How is it poetic justice if he wasnt found guilty

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If you count the 7 years confined in that embassy, he did time for the sex charge - no, sorry.

That's not how justice works or should work.

Julian Assange refused to face the Swedish criminal and justice system (cos yeah Sweden is a corrupt, third world country without presumption of innocence ... wait, what?!).

Assange is a suspected sex offender who should really have charges to answer. Evading justice until charges expire is not the same as being found not guilty and being acquitted of all charges.

Assange is still a suspected sex offender to anyone capable of independent and rational thought.

At least one of the charges against him expires in 2020. I'd like to see Sweden reopen the case against him.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

As I recall the sex charge was based on this incident.

The woman who laid charges and Assange had spent the night together, They had had sex during the earlier part of the night. In the morning Assange wanted to have sex again and the woman refused- exactly how the situation has not been made clear, (at least to my understanding) but in some way Assange did penetrate her again. The woman laid charges and under Swedish law, since the woman claims she said No!, Assange could be charged with rape.

Ever been in that situation yourself? In some countries (I understand) even if you are married and your wife says No! and you persist and have sex, you could be charged with rape.

--------------------

On the 'political' aspects of the case.

\The commentary on Australia's government owned ABC, last night, was that the world owes Assange a big debt as he exposed some of the lies behind the invasion of Iraq (Australia was complicit in that deal). I do not see either of the two major political oligarchies that could form Australia's next government advocating open government, and hence supporting Assange, doing anything to help him.

• Simon
    Simon

The sex charge was trumped up and obviously so - the woman worked for the CIA for Christ's sake. They were at the peak of Obama / Clinton private mercenary phases.

I predict he'll befall some accident like "suicide" before he's able to testify against the pair of traitorous rats.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I did not know that the woman was a CIA employee (agent?)

So maybe it was a bit like those cold war days exposes of Soviet agents trapping western pollies with fake prostitutes and then blackmailing them into being favourable to the USSR?

Ummm,! you're not being sarcastic, are you Simon?

Is there a source that you can recall?.

• Simon
    Simon
    Is there a source that you can recall?

Easy to see there are dirty fingerprints all over this:

https://www.justice-integrity.org/1170-assange-rape-defense-underscores-shameful-swedish-u-s-tactics

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit