Arguing with Still-in best friends : hard heads and broken hearts

by Terry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

They could fill an entire library of "Clarifications or Beliefs Clarified or Adjustments." They really need to get more efficient bulbs for light.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Terry - "When they need a flurry of activity to push people into action they will act according to their Adventist roots. Date-setting is in the DNA of the Watchtower Society."

Yeah, historically, apocalyptic groups have to do it from time to time to rustle up internal fervor and recruitment.

IMO, the problem with that tactic (for the Org, anyway) is that it's way past its sell-by date...

...their track record of failed predictions is too long to try it now and keep any kind of credibility in the Information Age. :smirk:

Terry - "Without 1914 they would be nothing..."
    Hmph.

Without the Org, they'd be nothing.

• Terry
    Terry

Do Jehovah's Witnesses really think the 'witnessing work' they do compares in quality, depth, and
    thoroughness compared to the previous generations of JW's?
    I doubt they give that any consideration.
    They are kept in thrall to fear-mongering. It's all Great Tribulation ballyhoo substituting for
    Armageddon scares.

• blondie
    blondie

I had a best friend that transformed from a PIMI to a POMO after several years of my just sharing one thought and leaving it. Those thoughts eventually germinated, and he started examining things without the WTS publications, bible only and several translations.

I would use this scripture to help him see that any discussion with the WTS representatives was dangerous to him. He died very recently without any warning that he was that ill. I miss him very much.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=answer+fool&p=sen&r=occ

Proverbs 26:4,5

4 Do not answer the stupid one according to his foolishness,

So that you do not put yourself on his level.*

5 Answer the stupid one according to his foolishness,

So that he does not think he is wise.+

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit