I finally did it

by stillin 4 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

I registered to vote! The last election had me staring like a deer in the headlights. I couldn't stand either candidate! If I had been registered I still probably wouldn't have voted. Next time, if I feel moved to be a part of the process, I am empowered to cast my vote.

To that person here whose vote I will nullify....sorry about that!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Congratulations! Now don't forget to actually vote. Registering to vote has a lot of meaning, but actually voting made me feel more part of the world, which is one of the best feelings ever for a born-in.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done!
    I remember when I first voted. It was such a liberating feeling, even though I didn't know what to actually do in the polling booth!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome to the real world stillin where you can have a voice express it and not be vilified by those with an opposing view .

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

I voted for the first time in 2016. It did feel empowering, even though my selection didn't have a prayer of winning. I'm seriously thinking of applying for an absentee ballot for this year's elections so I can vote from over here in southeast Asia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit