Extract from Separate Identity - Vol 2

by vienne 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vienne
    vienne

Some of you know that B. W. Schulz and I have written two histories considering the Watchtower's earliest years. We have posted an extract from a chapter that will appear in volume 2 of Separate Identity. Because of copyright issues, the post must be temporary. You can read it and comment on it. Please keep any comments to the point and keep your comments free from insults. [It happens] Facts matter. Polemics do not. See the post here: http://truthhistory.blogspot.com/2018/05/temporary-post_30.html

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5116004591992832/who-b-w-schulz-anyone-know?page=1

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Great work. Great historical website!!!

G.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Viene,

Were are the other pages of the website?

Gone???

G.

• vienne
    vienne

I looked. Everything is there. Run CCleaner or something similar and restart your browser. Google - they own blogger - can really mess up sometimes, but it is usually a problem with temp files and a wonky browser. Let me know if that works.

Also, the current post, the temp post, is fairly long. To see older posts click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of the page.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I have some fascination of that time and love that deep research which regularly brings up details I had never heard of before.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It’s working.

mobile version messed up, webversion is working here.

You have done a great study. Please go on.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

G.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very good work!

No doubt his took quite some time and effort? And we thank you for it!

• vienne
    vienne

Dear Gorb, stuck, GXJW,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, our research is as exhaustive as we can make it. That consumes time and effort. Sometimes [often] we're left with questions we cannot answer. Missing original documentation is a real problem. As we continue to write this chapter, we find ourselves without two key items: 1. Russell reprinted Food for Thinking Christians and Tabernacle Teachings as a single combined book. We have copies of both in their original format. We need to see the title page, copyright page, and after-matter of the combined booklet. But we can't find a copy anywhere. 2. In 1887 Russell printed a small booklet of suggestions for Watch Tower evangelists. We can't find that either. We have something similar printed in 1912, but we do not think the content is the same.

If anyone has these things, do PM me.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

V - Just wondering did WTBTS inherit all of Russell's stuff when he died?

Pardon my ignorance btw.

• vienne
    vienne

You mean all his personal effects? Other than a minimal amount of money left to his estranged wife, yes. However, they do not have a complete set of everything ever published.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit