Are the JWs are doing field service while corona?

by iliketreasure 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iliketreasure
    iliketreasure

Hey guys,

I'm out of the JWs for 12 years now and stopped thinking about the whole thing a long time ago.

But recently, I wondered how JWs deal with corona? I've read on the forums that they suspended meetings and tried to hold them online.

But are they still doing field service?

From my memories I think they probably have real problems to argue that field service could be suspended as well. So how are they dealing with this?

I mean they treat it as the most sacred commandment of them all, always using it to paint it a heroic thing to do in prosecution. They can't really stop doing it because of a simple pandemic, right?

How are they displaying the pandemic itself? As one of the last things happening before Armageddon, like always?

Thanks for your info :)

Cheers!

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

They have cancelled all "public" witnessing in my area (PA, USA) They are informing their members to call their elders to get phone and letter writing territories. Also to do all bible studies over the phone, and call all return visits by telephone.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I heard from a friend nearby (North East England) that there had been jws going door to door delivering leaflets in her area yesterday. I don't know what the leaflet was as it was put in the bin straight away.

• btlc
    btlc

Field service is suspended in my area (SE Europe) as well as all meetings, all activities are via electronic devices until further notices. And, yes, some of the comments can be summarized to "that's what we waiting for..."

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Letter dated 19 march of Dutch branche to publishers: "don't feel guilty about suspended preaching work".

G.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I find it amazing that they have to tell their followers to "don't feel guilty about suspended preaching work" when that was their plan after all. You've got to attend meetings, you must go out and knock on doors.

The Society was and is always reckless with the health, education and general welfare of their followers.

It's a cult people....... and the only hallmarks are obedience and contributions.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't give a f***. I have heard numerous stories (probably false) where publishers have walked 20 miles/30 km each way through jungles and crocodile infested rivers, braved malaria and similar diseases, and got beaten when they got home--and yet rarely missed a boasting session. They have also had stories about Hitler banning the religion, yet the witlesses were out anyways (probably not as openly)--Hitler banned the religion because it was subverting the German people, not because of tyranny. They also rant about its being under ban in other lands, yet they keep doing it. They are more subversive when under ban, and will probably keep doing it during this.

Which is reckless. Bad enough when it's just their own (such as crocodiles). But, when they are toying with the health of the whole community by spreading coronavirus door to door, they really need to be forcibly shut down. They are going to spread this disease indiscriminately. No one knows whether the person will come down with a mild case (or one where they don't even get sick at all)--or die from it. Or, someone answers the door and infects a whole family, including a grandparent that dies from it. Is this loving, as they proclaim to be?

it was one such cult that spread it in South Korea. It was one such cult (a different branch, but the same basic core program) that got it going big in New York City, exposing the whole city to the disease along with parts of New Jersey and Connecticut. It was one such cult that got it going in Iran--again, a different branch of the same program (Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, and Islam each have started one major epicenter). It was yet another branch of this same program that got the disease out of control, instead of its being just a local outbreak with maybe 40 or 50 cases total (communism, the parent of all three of these programs).

Yea, just go on and continue going door to door. Let's make it run up to a billion cases, or two billion, or three. Everyone continuing field circus now is helping run up those cases faster than they can be healed. As for me, I will continue using common sense as much as possible. It might not be perfect, but at least I am not going to help make what would have been 100 cases in my city into 50,000.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...don't feel guilty about suspended preaching work..."

Over the years, we've all heard little clues and rumors that suggest the Org ultimately plans to transition away from door-to-door work, and toward a predominantly online presence...

...i.e. an "e-religion".

You gotta admit, COVID-19 does provide a very convenient pretext.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Yes they are continuing field circus in my midwest city. They had mid-week meeting too in my area. My family has stayed home since before our congregation went on phone only; I wrote about that in another post. My congregation has field circus as usual, with a lot of pioneers, just no memorial campaign (JW optics). I heard of a couple going on a study yesterday in an apartment, not over the phone or Skype, in person. For crying out loud, supermarkets are asking only one person of the family! One person that went to the mid-week meeting had someone in their family with a fever, someone who has had a lot of health problems, so they attributed the fever to something other than corona.

"Don't feel guilty", another narcissistic command on how to feel, when they have been indoctrinated to feel guilty and swim with crocodiles to make it to assemblies? Those old people are going out, idiots, but can't totally blame them. I blame the hateful8 that closed up shop March 7th as per the emails to betheltours2you and stopped sending out speakers, etc, then kept sending out vague letters to the elders only. I could wring their necks, but won't. This story needs to be a documentary.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Well, today the USA branch letter read at the hall with the 10ish people meeting said no more field circus. Finally! I told my family. They tentatively agreed. Then came the praise that Jehovah gives us timely direction.. puke. It was men giving LATE direction!!! Also, they said to limit meeting together to 10 or less, but NO direction on social distancing, So, I am sure the DIE hards will be meeting in homes for field circus, etc. I hope to find out next week if that couple go to that studies' house again. OMG. They proudly announced how many were in attendance on the phone and in person and it was about 40 more than normal. They are going bonkers, and yes some POMIs are "returning to Jokehova", God of ruin and mischief. (Hovah on one of those bible dictionary things)

#staythef@(<home !!!

ps, Lovely wt telling the sick to buck up and stay happy for the rest of us! arseholes

pps Just had to vent, more time with PIMI family lately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit