SHOWSOWN IN NORWAY: MORE NEWS on the coming appeal

by raymond frantz 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

https://youtu.be/4Lhk30a1fXc?si=H9baqEu8GMm7Vbm0

The CNE.news has come out with an article on the developments in Norway and the aftermath of the deregistration of the Watchtower there only last month. CNE stands for Christian News in Europe and it is a Christian news site for continental Europe that

Has been running since 2021 and has become one of the best-informed Christian news websites in Europe.

Here is what they had to say in a recent article titled "Jehovah’s Witnesses ease shunning rules after blow in Oslo court"

Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide have eased the discipline for youth members after “serious wrongdoing”. The new guideline came within two weeks after the decision of the Oslo District Court in Norway to strip the Jehovahs of their official status as a registered faith community. The faith community seems to be trying to get a better position in the appeal case in Norway. (=So that is why they announced changes so fast after they lost the court case, they are positioning themselves now before the appeal to the higher court in Norway or ECHR which ever court they choose, we don't know yet)

The community came under attack for its rigid rules regarding disfellowshipping “baptised minors”. Among Jehovah’s Witnesses, it is quite common for have teenagers being baptised between 12 and 16 years. (=In fact I won't be surprised if they change that soon, and come out with another change for a minimum age for baptism, because you know that had gotten to be ridiculous with some children even being baptised as young as 6 years old in some countries. That has to come to an end purely based on this loss in Norway)

Religiously, they are seen as responsible members than, who can be disciplined. There have been cases of “disfellowshiping” after “serious wrongdoing”, resulting in “shunning”, isolation and contact bans. For individuals and families, this can be rigid and feel like psychological violence.....

(...rest of the article here jwupdates.com)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Psychological violence.

An interesting comment the other day,,,I cant remember who or where it was where I saw it but it was something like this .....""they don't stone but they shun"".

Its not really a physical thing,,, shunning is compared to stoning,,,the latter being physical but the former can lead to the same outcome in the end from the mental trauma induced by it. Which is premature and untimely death.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks raymond ! and thanks for the link to "Updates" and the full Article. I noted two things,

One, the J.W spokesman made a silly error in saying the state could not give one example of a "child" * who suffered from the D. F'ing practice. The Lawyers will now line up a few ! * I presume a "child" in Norway is anyone under the age of 18 ?

The other thing I note is that all the objections to the Ruling ignore the salient fact that Human Rights always have precedence over religious belief and practice, or should do.

The Court is not interfering with the J.W (mis) interpretation of Scripture, they are simply upholding the Human Rights the child should have under law. J.W's are still free to interpret Scripture as they like, but not to pick one or two verses so as to ignore the Human Rights such as the Right to Family Life, the Right to Freedom of Conscience etc.

The J.W's will cherry-pick and ignore other Scriptures they could use if they chose to, and then justify all sorts of things.

They can easily say they have had some New Light, and only Adults can be DF'd , as in N.T times, those who were disciplined that way were all Adults.

Despite what some think, if this goes to the ECHR, the issue of Human Rights will beat them without further modification to their policy of Shunning.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The JWs cherry-picked scriptures.

Thats cuz they have a "tapestry" of scriptura that they pick and choose from.

As some have said.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz
    Phizzy4 minutes ago

Thanks raymond ! and thanks for the link to "Updates" and the full Article. I noted two things

I really hope ECHR upholds Norway’s decision bur I would hold my breath, the ECHR has been siding with all the crazy AGENDA recently , recent example they ruled that climate change anxiety is a human right, look iit up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit