for JCanon

by IronGland 19 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Joseph,

Thanks for reminding me. AMEN...AND .....AMEN...

• integ
    integ

Iron Gland,

That really was excellent research on your part. You are to be commended.

Integ.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Thanks. I'll probably have some additional thoughts shortly.

• shamus
    shamus

OMG,,,,,

• IronGland
    IronGland
    OMG,,,,,

whats wrong, friend?

Study the following verses, read them in context in the Bible, and see if you can figure out what is going on. If you can't, continue reading and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    These verses are taken from the New American Standard Bible.

Gen. 1:26, "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness . . ."

Gen. 19:24, "Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven."

Amos 4:10-11, "?I sent a plague among you after the manner of Egypt; I slew your young men by the sword along with your captured horses, and I made the stench of your camp rise up in your nostrils; yet you have not returned to Me,' declares the LORD. ?I overthrew you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah . . . '"

Is. 44:6, "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ?I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides me . . . ?" See also, Isaiah 48:16.

Gen. 17:1, "Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; walk before Me, and be blameless."

Gen. 18:1, "Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day."

Exodus 6:2-3, "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, ?I am the LORD; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I did not make myself known to them.'"

Exodus 24:9-11, "Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they beheld God, and they ate and drank."

Exodus 33:11, "Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend..."

Num. 12:6-8, "He [God] said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; with him I speak mouth to mouth, even openly, and not in dark sayings, and he beholds the form of the LORD . . . "

Acts 7:2, "And he [Stephen] said, "Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran. . . "

The Didache is also called the "Teaching of the Twelve Apostles." It was possibly written around 65 - 80 A.D. and is supposed to be what the twelve apostles taught to the Gentiles concerning life and death, church order, fasting, baptism, prayer, etc. There is debate as to its authenticity. The work is cited by Eusebius who lived from 260 - 341 and Athanasius (293-373) It seems to be referenced by Origen who lived from 185-254. In the Didache, 16:2-3 is quoted in the Epistle of Barnabbas in 4:9, or vice versa. 1 The Epistle of Barnabbas was written in 130-131 A.D. The Didache is not inspired, but is valuable as an early church document

Romans 6:3-5 is often used as a proof text for the claim that baptism is essential for salvation. It is a strong comparison between our baptism and Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. On the surface, one could conclude that from these verses, that baptism is part of salvation.

" 3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection,"

• shamus
    shamus

Iron,

Nothing really. It's just that JC Cannon and you are so much smarter than me... I could read that stuff 6 times and not get the full jist of it...

I actually have a lot of respect for JC Cannon... how that person can go indepth like that is far far far far beyond my little brain.......

• IronGland
    IronGland

The culminating events of seal six will prove by their prophetic sequence the throneroom seals? purpose in providing a Spirit-breathed table of contents of our current age of the church. Key words describing the seal?s effects prove by their typology and Old Testament key word connections to be the infamous "Day of the Lord" (Is 2:11, Joel 2:10; Zeph. 3:15; 2 Thess. 1:6-10). It doesn't happen twice in Scripture, is further revealed in Revelation 19:11-21 as the Second Coming of Christ, and because it comes at the end of our present church age, shows the mystery purpose in God's seven sealed book.

The table of contents in any literary work provides its reader with a framework of its content and a look at coming events. So it is more than reasonable to expect the originator of both man and his literature to apply one to the opening of this text:

Revelation 6:1-2
    1 And I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come."2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him; and he went out conquering, and to conquer.

When Jesus opens the first four seals, four horsemen race out of Revelation?s text. Expository controversy surrounds all of them beginning with the white-steeded conqueror first out of the gate.

Isaiah 49:2
    2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand He has concealed me, and He has also made me a select arrow; He has hidden me in His quiver.

Other expositors type him as Satan's antichrist. They do so because he isn't identified as Christ in 19:11,12,16, and type his arrowless bow as representative of the false peace that will come initially through the antichrist?s rule.

In this position the white-steeded conqueror inaugurates the Great Tribulation while confirming traditional scholarship's sequence of a 4:3 rapture of the church

• IronGland
    IronGland

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

I am among this first rider/false prophet interpretive group, who are in good company, by the way, having Billy Graham as our most noticeable advocate.

?Who, therefore, is the rider on the white horse? He is not Christ, but a deceiver who seeks to capture the hearts and souls of men and women. He is one who seeks to have people acknowledge him as Lord instead of the true Christ.

Satan?s greatest disguise has always been to appear before men as an angel of light? (2 Corinthians 11:14).

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

My ?midtext-pretrib? position is based on Paul?s last trumpet connection with John?s last trumpet recorded in their New Testament prophecies. It is ?mid-text? because the last trumpet in John?s New Testament prophecy blows midway through his text. It is ?pre-trib? because according to Jesus the Abomination of Desolation will inaugurate the Great Tribulation, and its revelation in John?s revelation occurs chronologically in chapter 13 after the seventh trumpet blows.

Because the key word connection timing the event is literal, I also take free license in considering the other events that surround the last trumpet?s blowing in Revelation 11:15 as possible supporting activities accompanying the event.

The seven thunders forbidden by John in Chapter 10 may have said something about it.

Revelation 10:3-4 3 and he cried out with a loud voice, as when a lion roars; and when he had cried out, the seven peals of thunder uttered their voices. 4 And when the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken, and do not write them."

The signs to be seen are of course numerous and beyond earthly discussion or understanding.

An interesting story from back in 1991.

The week it became clear the President wouldn?t finish the job by toppling Hussein, I fired up my computer to voice my concern. But the Holy Spirit stopped me. ?IG, don?t waste the time,? He said. ?I?m in control of that.? I was then reminded of Daniel?s words to Belshazzar when the hand of God wrote out the king?s doom on his palace wall: ??the Most High God is ruler over the realm of mankind, and He sets over it whomever He wishes? (Dan. 5:21).

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

Here Canon, Here Canon, Here Canon, Cmon boy, over here. Here boy, here boy. We might need the electric shock collar this time.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Almost forgot about this one, but seeing as JCAnon is posting regularly again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit