What do you do before making a very hard decision?

by Iamallcool 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Now as an oldtimer, if money is involved, paper, a sharp pencil, and a calculator (or spreadsheet). I try to use RELIABLE experts for advice and basic data.

I spent 2/3 of my life basing important decisions on Watchtower's BAD information and emotional blackmail.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Procrastinate? 😁

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FFGhost - Consult the Umim and the Thumim.
    This is my fave answer thus far.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Magic Eight-Ball?

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Wait a month, if it hasn't gone away, then flip a coin, if no money is involved.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I like Robert Heinlein's advice: "If you don't know what to do, find a well-intentioned idiot (there's always one around), ask him what he would do, then do the exact opposite.

• Terry
    Terry

A decision is only 'hard' when there are two factors present: Fear and Resistance.
    Otherwise, we're really dealing with neurotic anxiety.
    If it is a matter of choosing "This or that", it is only a dilemma.

Are you seeking to obtain or avoid?

If it's seeking to obtain, it's only a matter of doing what needs doing and paying the price.
    If it is a matter of avoiding" an outcome or process - ask yourself if you are pleasing yourself or pleasing someone else.

FREEDOM is at the core of all decisions.
    Are you wrestling with the illusion that you are free to choose or is this merely a symptom of compulsion?
    Sort your priorities and the strength of your autonomy and you have your answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit