Memorial - from disgusted to feeling sorry

by UBM101 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Thanks. I know about these sources. But can't use it against them.

I was actually interested in knowing whether WT has made any direct statements in recent times, from official sources. (i.e. without using the words 'may be', 'could be', 'we don't know' etc)

• Room 215
    Room 215

A greater focus this year on the material rewards of serving God.. the "carrot" of life in the panda-petting vegan paradise... complete with large screen monitors conjuring WT visions of optimal health, big homes, etc. Otherwise, it was business as usual -- pretty much contrived to dissuade anyone from partaking.

• stillin
    stillin

The speaker in the Hall where I went was so monotonous and uninformative that if there was anybody attending who might have been categorized "interested," the speaker took care of that! They'll never be back.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

They did say that the memorial will continue until Jesus comes back to collect the rest of the "annointed ones"

This sounds like how Christians understand the second coming and rapture, except we are all technically "annointed ones" if we put our trust in the sacrifice of Jesus.

Also, I didn't like when he said you can't choose to be born again...Even though Jesus told Nicodemus he must be born again... Clearly it's a choice...

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Drearyweather: I am currently discussing this with a family member

Watchtower has learned enough from over a century of failed doctrines and prophecies to not show assertiveness in their predictions. However, the historical record reveals many of their concrete claims that never came true. Here's one such example:

Awake! 1961 Feb 22 pp.5,7,8
    "But then it also speaks of a group of people preaching about the righteous kingdom of God, a war of God against all wickedness, followed by a paradise earth without death - all to be realised in the twentieth century. ...
    That now-operating kingdom in heaven will, within the twentieth century, cleanse the entire earth of wickedness. ...
    Revelation 16:16 calls it the "war of the great day of God the Almighty," Armageddon. This war will come in the twentieth century. It will come right on schedule, as have the wars, food shortages, earthquakes and other events foretold. This generation will see its fulfillment."

Perhaps you can show this to your family member.

• Hecce
    Hecce

One item, on the one that I listened the name Jehovah was mentioned only once.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hmmm...

"Show by your acts that you DESERVE UNDESERVED kindness."

It certainly seems that the GB speech-writers have reading comprehension problems of their own, Silly Gooses!

• UBM101
    UBM101

I felt it was so offensive passing the wine and bread around but no one was allowed to take it. That was the moment I felt sorry for everyone in the hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit