Were you treated differently after you were baptised?

by little1 19 Replies latest jw friends

• little1
  • little1
    little1

Sorry- it's my computer's fault! What I started to ask was, Billygoat, do you think you'd still be a jw if you hadn't left your original cong.?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was treated differently after I was baptized. The pressure to "do more" increased, but no one had any time for me anymore. I was just a number, so once I was baptized they just moved on to the next prospective convert.

Walter

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This is an extremely sore point and one that made me angry -- pioneers used to come around all the time and so did loads of others -- for coffee and we were very hospitable (later found ou they were counting their time) - NOT MAKING THEIR TIME COUNT. Guess what as soon as we were baptized all the calls stopped - all the socializing -- and then pressure came on to DO MORE, DO MORE, DO MORE

• Aztec
    Aztec

Wow! I had the exact opposite experience of most people here. After I was baptized I was love bombed. A sister actually told me that when people get baptized they glow. All the positive reinforcement I got made me want to pioneer and do more. I guess I was fortunate eh?

~Aztec

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well of course. Once I was baptised I had to perform & I did -big time. I made 10 people JWs -looked after them until baptism-then once they were in the Ark....safe & sound ready for the NEW World- I then had to go find others to "capture".So I just hugged em at assemblies , told em, what house I had seen on service ,what boat I was going after , as soon as Armeggedon came...What did you think I was Super Woman??? I had four kids alive then, a husband who beat the c p out of me for serving where the need was great. -I had to work ( the elders told me that, because hubby had complained I worked for them for nothing-we were poor- he was a janitor) couldnt drive ,hubbys orders , had to walk to my studies ( a long way....) Come on ffolks I am just ONE who was under slavery.....Start praying for those who are still acting like THIS weirdo was!!!!!!There a thousands of them

sorry long post.... Just brought back my pains!!!!!!lol

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

Mouthy -sorry to hear that things were not so good at home. I hope that things have improved.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Im sorry to hear that mouthy.

Love bombing, that's a great term. I was never baptised so I was always treated like the stupid worldly kid of nice people. But I recall always being told to be extra nice to studies.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    they can no longer count the time they spend talking to you.

Blondie said it and others have picked it up. But it is so true. After all this is a goal led organisation where results matter. If you are a pioneer or a M/S or an elder , then you just have to keep up your report .

I was baptised at thirteen, so I cannot comment personally. But we would see it all the time and pass comment even then. Pioneer couple start a Bible Study, bring them to meetings , start them in service: they are the flavour of the month - then they get baptised... Job done, they are not ministry any more so they are left to sink or swim while Pioneer couple find a new project to fill their hours

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey guys I know this is nt the right thing to do-but I cant reply or see my e-mail or active or friend etc ( the top of the board any suggestions greatly appreciated at [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit