Oh The Irony

by FedUpJW 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    Did they specify what this 14 dollars was for.

They'll never let on that it's for the 'Have to Pay Those Pesky Lawsuits" fund

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

Thanks for telling us about their hypocrisy about asking for money after claiming they 'don't do that'. Your friend giving you a glazed look when you mentioned this just says how mind-numbed most JWs are who still attend..especially those who may have been criticized like I was for their full time job... I could not sit there and listen to this.

What's also ironic to me is that now it's MY turn to run from JWs.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Wow!!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Once the "tax" has been demanded and "approved" by the congregation it will be annually paid forever.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The fact that they had this particular letter read at that particular meeting, indicates that they didn't even know what the lesson in the "book study" would be covering that night. It seems that once again, even though they're being guided by the "holy spirit" the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I also though it was odd that they asked for $14.00. That amount seems rather specific and it makes me think they wanted it to seem like they were asking for money to cover an exact deficit, nothing less nothing more.

• Done
    Done

Been out about 2.5 years... But this isn't the 1st time a letter like this was read. It seems like it was almost annually for years. First one I remember was when then started the co cars and or health insurance. Can't remember which came first

• Giordano
    Giordano

For what it's worth Department....... $14 a month was what the Society paid it's Bethel workers (USA) in the 1950's and 1960's. This was for a five and a half day work week....... 8 hours a day. I think it comes out to 30 or 40 cents per hour.

If the Bethelites were willing to work for those wages......... the friends should respect that and give it back?

It's just speculation.......... but ain't it grand to be able to speculate.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

In our congregation a letter was read out from the Britain branch saying how each congregations contribution was helping out with the work etc. They didn't specifically ask members to donate, but they did thank everyone for their contributions.

So it's a bit like a child (who takes, but never gives) staring at another childs sweets saying she appreciated the sweets she was given in the past, but not directly asking for sweets. Yet the child with the sweets feels an obligation to give some to the child determined to get them..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit