An American Working in Mexico [Verified]

by Hecce 18 Replies latest social current

• Hecce
    Hecce

ILoveTATT2

Just something that caught mt attention, the original article that I posted ends like this:

Please feel free to share this with everyone who thinks we are being hard on illegal immigrants.

As you can see it has nothing to do with the Mexican Immigration system vs USA. Is just showing that if you want to work in Mexico there are procedures that you have to follow.

• Simon
    Simon
    I can't believe some of you who are saying that legally immigrating to the U.S. is easy. Are you kidding me?

We're not, just pointing out that many people go through complex, time-consuming, difficult and expensive processes to go to other countries too.

The vast majority of functioning countries have some process for entering, especially if you intend to stay.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Crazyguy:

Only the US makes it easy,

Crazyguy was saying the US is easy to immigrate to. WRONG. It's one of the toughest countries in the world to immigrate legally...

Canada is easier but still a long and expensive process, and Mexico is a LOT easier, relatively cheap and fast.

Although it is true that every country will have its own laws as to immigration, Mexico's laws are very easy to meet, and yet, there are thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants to Mexico, usually from Central America, trying to reach the US. Some decide to stay here illegally, but the Mexican government has sometimes provided amnesty, for example, read this:

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2016/10/11/1121733

I think that you're comparing apples to oranges, or at least not you Hecce, but certainly the comments on the full article are.

And saying that Mexico's standards of immigration are higher than the US is a preposterous notion. Can't be further from the truth!

Even comparing illegal US immigration to illegal Mexican immigration, it is much easier to get a job, to cross the Mexico-Guatemala border, to get medical care, to literally just come here on a visa and overstay for years and years... much easier to do that in Mexico than in the US.

I know these things because I've seen them... I have always followed the law and done things like I am supposed to do them, but I know that it is possible, and that it actually happens, and that it is extremely easy, to circumvent the laws in Mexico.

If you want to solve the problem of illegal immigration in the US, be pragmatic about it and actually think about ways to solve the two biggest issues: people overstaying their visas, and employers hiring illegal immigrants.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I feel a need to expand on my motivation with this topic; my intention was to just show that for Mexico like in any other country there are rules on immigration matters that you have to follow up. Sadly here in the US a lot of the immigrant community has developed a sense of entitlement, creating imaginary rights and behaving on a very counterproductive and confrontational way.

The way that I see things, most of the participants in protests, rallies and other actions against the established laws and government, are influenced by people that should know better. So called leaders, are really behaving like demagogues and creating disturbances that will affect only the most common people.

I will give an example, Jorge Ramos who is the most prominent news person among the Spanish community made this declaration recently:

But you know what? This is also our country. Let me repeat this: Our country, not theirs. It is our country. And we are not going to leave.

As you can see this is not helpful and will incite only confrontations and more harsh treatment against the undocumented. The issue of legalization is needed and negotiable, even tonight during his speech the President extended a small “olive branch” on this subject. I sincerely hope that clear minds could see the wisdom of negotiating in good faith and that a solution could be found for so many nice and decent people.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/27/jorge-ramos-america-our-country-not-theirs-we-are-not-going-leave/

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Hecce. If you wanted to make the point that there are procedures to follow if you want to work in Mexico, you could have done it more simply. Why use examples that can be so easily discredited?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thank you, ILoveTTATT2 it seems as tho there are many circumstances, different situations for working, not working, green cards, citizenship, temporary residence, etc...

I was born in the U.S., and there have always been "immigration laws" .... People are suppose to follow them, Presidents, police, immigrants, we are all suppose to follow them.

That is why I am so surprised that there are all these crowds of protesters objecting to 'immigration laws.' When did I, as a U.S. citizen get to 'stop following the law'?

I wonder why all these protesters act as if "illegal" immigrants don't have to follow the law just like I have to? That is the part I do not get.

• cha ching
    cha ching

If people do want to immigrate, become part of the U.S., they should do the same thing I have to do. Work, pay taxes, contribute. If the Mexican (or any other) people who work so hard were allowed to get green cards to pay taxes and contribute, even that would help solve the burden of "free" healthcare for non contributors.

It is not that fact that someone 'immigrates', it is whether they work, pay taxes and contribute like everyone else before expecting the benefits that everyone else has to work for, and even then... do not always receive.

• Simon
    Simon

The right to immigrate to any country really needs to be based on more than the ability to simply travel to it.

As well as protecting the destination countries, it should also prevent a brain-drain from countries. We shouldn't be sucking up all the IT and medically skilled people in the world for example/

There are good reasons that there should be barriers to entry, for both sides.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Immigrant, Economically Active

When you want to acquire permanent residency AND you want to work in Mexico:

You should apply for a Permanent Resident Visa commensurate with the economic activity you want to undertake. Some common examples of economic activities which qualify for this visa are: a company-sponsored job, or an invitation to carry out academic or scientific research. If you have ~100,000 US dollars to invest in a Mexican company you can apply for an investor’s visa under this category.

https://www.mexperience.com/lifestyle/living-in-mexico/visas-and-immigration/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit