God of WT - a kindly killer?

by Smiles 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

This WT doctrine includes the wrathful mass execution of individual children, babies and disabled belonging to the billions of non-JWs... Extremist?

"During the war of Armageddon, Jehovah will execute people, not in a cold, clinical manner, but in a “great rage.” (Read Ezekiel 38:18.) He will direct the explosive force of his anger, not against one army or one nation, but against countless individuals living across the globe." - Pure Worship of Jehovah, chap 18, par 2 (March 2018 printing)

Also Watch Tower:

"Jehovah is a God of love." - Never Become "Enraged Against Jehovah", w13 8/15

"Instead of being brusque, cold, or tyrannical, as is often true of the powerful, Jehovah is gentle and kind." - Draw Close to Jehovah, chap 27, par 17 (2014)

"Jehovah will never turn corrupt, dissolute, or abusive." - Draw Close to Jehovah, chap 3, par 6 (2014)

Cognitive dissonance anyone?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Since Jehovah murdered 70,000 of his loyal, faithful worshipers, just because a King took a census, can we expect the same in Armageddon? Kill a few million Jehovah's Witnesses because the Governing Body takes a census every year on how many faithful JWs there is in the Organization.

2 Samuel 24 Once again the anger of the Jehovah burned against Israel, and Jehovah caused David to harm them by taking a census. “Go and count the people of Israel and Judah,” Jehovah told him.

the king said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Take a census of all the tribes of Israel—from Dan in the north to Beersheba in the south—so I may know how many people there are.”

The next morning the word of Jehovah came to the prophet Gad, who was David’s seer. This was the message: 12 “Go and say to David, ‘This is what the Jehovah says: I will give you three choices. Choose one of these punishments, and I will inflict it on you.’

So Jehovah sent a plague upon Israel that morning, and it lasted for three days. A total of 70,000 people died throughout the nation, from Dan in the north to Beersheba

• waton
    waton
    mass execution of individual children, babies and disabled

all because they did not subscribe to wt and awake, or jworg. and

after the deity (let us not profane the name any more) has shown it's capacity to sort out all the firstborn (read the birth register during nighttime), even of the cows and pigs, and kill them, of a whole world power by just one of millions of "angels". and,--on the same meeting:

How to nail the personal decision to stop a possibly life saving blood infusion in a truly disastrous emergency, but then not mentioning that this personal decision ( not anymore recorded on wt printed material) will lead to disfellowshipping by wt appointed so-called "elders".

• Overrated
    Overrated

And this is why this god Gee-hober is not really. If he has to destroy life for not getting his way he seems to be some sort of retard. So much for a loving god!?!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Doesn`t that mean that the Bible can mean anything to anybody ? Whatever they WANT to believe ? Depending on how you interpret those Scriptures ?

And isn`t that why we have over 40,000 different Christian sects in Christendom ? Today in 2021?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'Kindly' or a negative phrase such as 'hate-filled' doesn't come into it.

The end result is the same, ie lots of death and destruction.

The god of the Jews was a total mental case.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    mass execution of individual children, babies and disabled

Vengeance. Don’t touch God’s friends.

So Jehovah sent a plague upon Israel that morning, and it lasted for three days. A total of 70,000 people died

Many people die resulting from the errors of their leaders. If David cares for his people, he strictly needs to follow God’s direction.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This doctrine of the slaughter of the non Watchtower believers always bugged me and finally was one that made me see the truth about “The Truth”

Many of them deny it , don’t seem to see that part of their teaching, but it is definitely there . I could no longer stomach it.

• waton
    waton
    Many people die resulting from the errors of their leaders. If David cares for his people, he strictly needs to follow God’s direction.

It is sick stories like that, written solely to cow the readers into submission, that made it right for Costco to market their bibles under fiction.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I really wonder why in 2021, people still believe this garbage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit