Weirdest Jesus I’ve seen yet…

by stuckinlimbo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinlimbo
  • stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Oops hit post accidentally before adding text. First invite I’ve received in my letterbox since leaving 15 odd years ago. Not sure if targeted or not. Seems like a very strange representation of Jesus even for them!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why do they do that ?--the picture i mean.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

I think for a few reasons:

1. Their Jesus is the REAL one, so has to look different to any other depictions of Christendom

2. 90s-00s Jesus looked fairly consistent, friendly and white. The most influential pictures for this time period were probably from the “Greatest Man” book. The trouble with consistency is the organisation may leave themselves open to criticism for subscribing to a particular look, by continually changing the look, as they seem to be doing now, they can say they are not making assumptions that Jesus looked a particular way, or was white, etc.

3. It seems like they are trying to make Jesus’ face look as though he has a combination of features associated with different races.

I really don’t understand the whimsical faraway look in his eyes. It’s so blank he actually looks deceased…

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

better--?

GonzoToday | Jesus Christ: A Big Fat WHITE Lie

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The text looks a bit awkward as well. 'Let's celebrate his victory over death, as we mark the date of his death.'

It sounds as if they're saying that he conquered death by dying.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That just made me realize that this is the first time in several years that we did not get an invitation.

Well, I suppose they are so caught up in welcoming back those who are DF that us "stumbled & inactive" ones are on the back burner.

Maybe it should be no surprise that their Jesus has a dumb (or dumbfounded) look on his face. He likely couldn't believe what's going on in WT Land either.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yes, Lett's all commemorate Jesus' death by doing the exact OPPOSITE of what he commanded us to: Partake of His emblems.

One of the things that really struck me in my early 20's was having it pointed out to me that by JW's not partaking of the emblems, they are in fact REJECTING Jesus! The only other religion on earth that has that sort of Mass? Satanists!

The JW belief system is warped, odd, goofy. Total cult.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

He looks like a young Charlton Heston.

jtg

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Not to change the subject but there is "a neatly trimmed beard"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit