Help me understand "Boy meets Worldly Girl"

by jgnat 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Help me with my swiss-cheese brain, Sheila. Which of you were considered "worldly"? How did you keep your relationship intact, regardless?

It is so much easier, Missy, when a relationship is built on a rock-solid mutual trust. Having that big, messy, manipulative ORGANIZATION hulking in the background can make the most mature relationship insecure. Until our man makes a clean break from the society, we can never be sure, can we, that it won't pull them back in? I have a good feeling about your fella, though. He seems determined and tough. He reminds me of Gadget a bit, that way.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I was "wordly" never even remember hearing about the dubs. First I played the game but I played it on my rules and the back woods elders were left stewing and trying to stop me LOL I tried to make Thunder realize his parents did NOT have his best interest in mind. Funny they hated me and we are the only ones that have stayed married LOL The DILs they loved are now ex DIL's

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    i would be one of those worldly girls. and it scares me so much that i could end up in that situation.

Don't worry about it missy, We all have been in that situation one time or another, even if neither the girls or boys ar JW... It's pretty bad when you "Fall in love" and get scared that you will get hurt, no one likes that feeling

C.C

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I grew with a worldy girl and married her. Question, who had more influence over me? No regrets for marrying a wordly girl.

Guest 77

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmmm. Guest 77 and SheilaM, you shed "new light" on this topic. If JW boy has guts, and "worldly girl" has spunk, they can overcome the coercive power of both parents and KH?

Wow.

Kudos to you, Sheila.

Smart man, Guest 77.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit