Hello all just moved to Lakewood NY

by Still Totally ADD 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    It has been along time since I have posted something. My wife and I have just moved to NY just west of Jamestown. Our log house in PA was so far from everything it was costing us to much time and money. We found a old farm house on 2 acres that was built in1843. The frame work is made of hand hewn post and beam construction. It is so neat. The reason for the post is on the main drag in Lakewood there is a realty office that has on its sign (JW.org the most translated site). We both just about fell over when we saw it. My wife said to me (will I guess we won't be using that Realtor for anything). At any rate I thought that was so funny to see that. I just love old houses and looking forward to renovating this house. We are doing just fine. Our children still have nothing to do with us. But only time will tell on that one. We do have a new grandson we found out about on my son's facebook. For all old and new members keep up the fine fight. Still Totally ADD
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Hey STADD , good to hear from you! Was wondering what you've been up to.

Wow, your new place sounds very nice. I bet you'll be getting some gardens going this coming Spring. :-)

This whole promotion of the jw dot org website is a bit nauseating when you know it wasn't that long ago they were espousing the evil-ness of the Interwebs and all the devices used to connect to this invention from Satan.

I do hope your kids will see through the crap and get in touch with you and your wife. The Borg is money grubbing big time right now and the child abuse cases are becoming more and more public globally.

Have fun with your new place! If you can, post a picture or two... would love to see it.

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, neighbour! *waves from N.S.* I love old houses, too (especially Victorian & the old farmhouses - good stuff). Have fun with the project. NY is so beautiful, I'll have to google your town - may have been through there at some time, years ago.

It's just weird, to think of the JW logo on a real estate office. : S Let's hope your children have something that just doesn't seem right, and change begins. ** an afterthought, as the grandchild grows, things may change - I am shunned, but see that my nephew is celebrating the holidays (via facebook), as his son got to school-age, things changed dramatically .. there is real hope, I believe that! xx **

And yeah, pics would be awesome. xo tal

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

What a stupid idea...putting a JW org sign up at your place of business. You NEVER advertise your religion at your place of business. There's nothing like running customers off like advertising JW. There are a lot of people that hate the witlesses.

Any whoo...STADD, so sorry to hear your family is still shunning you. It sickens me! We hope you enjoy your new home.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I'm glad to hear good news. a bit jealous, but the good kind that is happy for you! Enjoy the old house and the new neighborhood. Put your exJW ammo in order for when the JWs arrive at your door.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Love the area. My grandfather was from Ripley( tiny place not far from Jamestown)
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    JWdaughter the KH in this area is only 2 miles down the road from us. Can't wait for the first ones to come. But I think that will happen in the spring. Right now we have about 20 inches of snow on the ground. Heaven I can't wait for spring also. I brought my gardening boxes with me so I can teach gardening classes. We have Chautauque Institution just 10 miles from us. This is where all the rich people from the big cities come during the summer. A great place to draw people from for our herb and garden classes. We now live in "This Old House" LOL. Still Totally ADD
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

{nevermind. I made a mistake and deleted my comment.}

• clarity
    clarity

Hey we've missed you guys ...... house sounds great! Do still make doughnuts ? Seem to remember you were doing that for awhile. Hang out with us here more often, once you get settled OK.

clarity

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    clarity we will do that. The donuts are a thing of the past for us. I can't even look at one now. LOL Yes we will do some pictures as soon as we can. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit