A New LOW for Jehovah's Witnesses

by Newly Enlightened 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Newly Enlightened
  • carla
    carla

Some nice publicity for the borg!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

In fairness there were instructions to not send anything to strangers. Probably after this or another instance.

Also in fairness there are still these going on. Letters and brochures mailed, and the Facebook preaching, even a few who will approach grave visitors.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JW's now have to sell the religion via emotional coercion vs scriptural discussions on doctrine.

Probably the same people that leave a tract on the table for their "tip".

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Reporter: Did you tell your members to do this?

Watchtower: We gave no such order.

Reporter: Have you told your members to stop doing this?

Watchtower: <deafening silence>

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Weasel words. "Our organization does not sponsor any proselytizing IN funeral homes."

And that is true, however multiple times JW's are "encouraged" to reach out to grieving ones. (they get that information from obituaries)

Same thing as Jackson claiming it would SEEM presumptuous to claim they are the mouthpiece of God, while never actually denying that they make that claim!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

From the 1/22/2001 issue:

“I ask a visiting nurse to hold the newspaper for me. Together we read the obituaries and select some. Then I tell the nurse what thoughts I would like to include in a letter to the relatives of the one who died, and the nurse types the letter. With the letter, I send the brochure When Someone You Love Dies, which explains the Bible’s comforting hope of the resurrection. I do this every Sunday afternoon. It makes me happy that I can still share the good news of God’s Kingdom with others.”

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g20010122/Living-Successfully-With-Your-Ailment-How/

Maybe they don't outright tell people to do this sort of thing, but they certainly hold up those that do as good examples.

• Overrated
    Overrated

When my Father in-law passed away. They where at my door in no time with their pitch.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Weasel Words coming from the Weasel Den on the lake in Tuxedo Park, New York. Or Warwick. Or an old missile silo.

A humble den where the weasels hibernate for the winter, or the extent of Covid, or indefinitely.

Why leave when weasel food is delivered electronically via Donate buttons, or occasionally from the local liquor emporium?

It's comfy there among the rocks, or, the, erm, granite countertops.

And, it's dark. They wait there for New Light, or the bright flash of Armageddon's fire and brimstone, or the light at the end of the tunnel.

And they play with words. And they play with lives. And they pray that Karma is not real.

"The Weasel Den: Come Retire With Us Today!" Or not. So many retirees have been made redundant, laid off, fired. The Weasel Den is cozy, but they can't have it too cozy, can they?

It's best that only the most Equal Weasels be residents. The better the distribution from the Donate button, or the liquor store, or the government.

All animals are Equal, but, indeed some animals are more Equal than others.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It doesn't seem that it's exactly 'discouraged'...

Our Kingdom Ministry, April 2008, page 8:

Some funeral homes have appreciated having some appropriate literature on hand for grieving families. At times, funeral notices appearing in the newspaper have opened the way for writing a brief comforting letter to bereaved family members.
    Even worse... Our Kingdom Ministry, October 1994, page 7:

You may wish to visit local funeral homes in your territory to see if they would like to have copies on hand to comfort bereaved families. Or you might tactfully approach grieving ones in cemeteries on occasions when they return to visit the grave of a loved one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit