Heidi Hall: Life after WTS Good read

by blondie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

https://religionnews.com/2019/09/26/finding-a-faith-that-is-stronger-than-death-or-my-familys-rejection/

In my search, I left behind conditional, behavior-based love and traded it for the unconditional grace shown by a true family, whose bonds have nothing to do with DNA.

And I’m dying grateful for that.

(Heidi Hall, who died Sept. 25, 2019, at age 49, was a veteran journalist whose award-winning career took her from the Standard Democrat in Sikeston, Missouri, and the Southeast Missourian to the Tampa Tribune and the Nashville Tennessean before landing her at Vanderbilt University’s public affairs office. The views expressed in this commentary do not necessarily reflect those of Religion News Service.)

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Worth reading story - thanks for sharing.

• carla
    carla

Nice story on unconditional love, thanks for sharing.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, it’s a good read and she died way too young. I’m glad she found friends and acceptance to replace her hopeless JW family.

I’m sorry for anybody raised a JW who experienced shunning by their flesh and blood. I cannot imagine. I can only hope the JW religion dwindles down further so that fewer will be damaged by its sick policies!

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Thank you for sharing Blondie.

😢😞

• Biahi
    Biahi

Beautiful, touching story 😊💕

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for the article Blondie.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

An interesting read blondie ,thank you for sharing.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Just read this very interesting story. Thanks Blondie for sharing this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit