Why are JDubs scared to death of apostate websites?

by Sour Grapes 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Jehovah's Witnesses make many, many sacrifices in their efforts to obtain paradise, and in the process thereof can see themselves as special, as superior to non-Witnesses, as belonging to 'the greatest organization in the universe.'

Apostates call this into question and can bring this entire house of cards tumbling down given their knowledge of the movement's history and foibles. Beyond the Governing Body's warnings to avoid such sites, which leads Jehovah's Witnesses to fear detection and discipline, there is also, I suspect, a natural fear of having their faith undermined and called into question, which inevitably affects Jehovah's Witnesses confidence and self-respect, if not pride. Apostasy is not just an intellectual issue for Jehovah's Witnesses: it's deeply personal.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist
    LevelThePlayingField I remember on[e] brother telling me one time that we should avoid anything or anyone even close to apostasy because he heard of an apostate who came to the meeting one time and whispered in someone's ear something and then that person never came back to the meetings again, ever.

What?!
    I want to know that apostate spell!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    AA on Levvy - What?!
    I want to know that apostate spell!

Sorry. That was me. I whispered, 'watch the Australian Royal Commission!'

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

because he heard of an apostate who came to the meeting one time and whispered in someone's ear something and then that person never came back to the meetings again

it was a smurf.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sour Grapes - "Why are JDubs scared to death of apostate websites?"

Same reason bigots are scared of gay sex.

'Cause they might like it.

:smirk:

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

The Fearful 8, 'they, who shall not be blamed', know exactly that their make-shift doctrines forged in the dungeons of Warwick Castle are worth shit. (BTW, how much time did the new generation teaching actually buy them? ). But apostate websites are dedicated to point out the flaws in their doctrines, the potholes in their path to paradise, in short, the truth about The Truth. And, as JW like the biblical concept of seeds, it seems safe to join in the metaphor, saying, the web is, as it were, crawling with aposta-sperm. The GB, therefore, have every reason to be scared.

"Be Courageous!, Don't Give Up!, and Remain Loyal!, else ..."

So, essentially their mantra is: Keep the flock on track, and keep them busy! Yep, thinking for yourself is praying to the devil (As a child I liked the red roaring lion picture in one of the org's publications: "Be sober, be vigilant: because your adversary the devil, as a roaring Lion walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." — 1 Peter 5:8 KJV 1611).

It has been extensively shown elsewhere that what JWs are dreading the most are sex and Satan. And the rank and file fear the GB - CO - SV (shepherding visits) - JC - DF- cascade, as this involves being shunned by those dearest to them (and, of course, being exposed to demonic influence without Jehova's protection). There is literally fear on either side, but what do I know, JWs are the happiest people on the earth.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What is so irritating about the propaganda induced irrational fear of Sites such as this is that JW's keep on spouting the mantra that they have " the truth".

Truth has nothing to fear from scrutiny, and lies told against real truth are easily exposed and rejected.

Deep down they know in some subconscious way that they do NOT have the truth.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I was terrified I would be demonized for looking. What I found was evidence of plagiarism and the Jimmy Swaggart trial which started me down the rabbit hole.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Simply because the so called Apostate sites speak the "TRUTH" and Jehovah`s Witnesses can`t handle the "TRUTH"

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Satan wants to take as many people to hell with him, and has deceived many people. One of Satan's rules / tactics for JWs is that they have been told NOT to look at 'Apostate' leaflets, videos or websites, because they may get trapped by 'satan'. It's all about FEAR. Yet, as the Bible says "God has not given us a Spirit of Fear, but Power, Love and a Sound mind'.

What I keep saying to the JWs that I am in contact with is "IF you have the truth, as you so rightly claim, then why can't you fight back with the truth?"

This is a sad story, however at the time I was laughing, but when I look back, I saw how scared the JW was. I was in the city, and I saw three JWs with their stand, and as I approached them, I asked them about Jesus, and who he is?" They couldn't answer me, and one woman roared at me and told me to go away... I stood still, and explained from the bible who Jesus was, and how the Watchtower were false, to which one of the young male JWs (in his 20s) started to cry because he couldn't answer me... you see, they are scared to death... they have a spirit of fear upon them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit