numbers dropping

by zeb 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeb
    zeb

My wifes cong is being blended with another. Both to use the same hall at the same time as on their own they each only fill half the hall.

Her cong once filled the hall.

• sir82
    sir82

In my (admittedly limited) experience, combining congregations almost inevitably leads to an overall decline.

I.e., the attendance and publisher count in the new blended congregation (almost) always ends up significantly lower than the sum of the two congregations that were combined.

In a bigger congregation, it is easier to fall thru the cracks, be it intentional or unintentional.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The love of the greater number is cooling off. Good!

I wonder if the gobshite GB members and their brown nosers (on the broadcasts), have shown what twats the corporation has as leaders.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Despite a merger of our own unfortunately our congregation is as zealous as ever. The stupidity runs strong here in the cleveland area still

• LV101
    LV101

The video taping re/WT vs. Reddit posted by Brokeback Watchtower indicated a membership number under a million JWs in the US! Did I hear this correctly - that's a joke. I fell asleep listening although it's interesting video.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

There’s less then 5 million JWs world wide, don’t let them tell you anything different!

• LV101
    LV101
    "5 million," if that. The atty representing WT mentions the number and it wasn't the inflated 8 million we usually hear - I was shocked but half asleep so can't be specific what he said.
  • Spiral
    Spiral

I wouldn't take any numbers they give very seriously. I don't know how a person could prove or disprove what they say. Especially now, when most everything is online, there isn't really any way to guess how many people are even reading what they publish.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Spiral:

I wouldn't take any numbers they give very seriously.

Spiral makes a good point and is correct.

There is a way to disprove what they say by using their own words.

In one of the leaked videos they admitted that they didn't even know how many congregations or Kingdom Halls they had.

They also admitted that the information posted on jw-dot-org was incorrect.

If they don't even know how many Kingdom Halls they have, then how can they possibly know how many JW's there are? Or how many JW's actually partook of the emblems at the Memorial?

Atlantis!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i love it to hear 2 congs have blended. one big full on sex orgy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit