How's the economy in your area?

by Sadie5 23 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Up here in orange County NY (Chester) we lost a chain of stores called AMES. But ten minutes from here in both directions are walmarts. In the little strip mall here in chester we lost a hallmark card store also. But in there place a bowling alley is opening up. So I guess the economy up here is about the same.

• lastcall
    lastcall

Northeast Indiana:

Slater Steel ..closing 1st quarter of next year.(400 Jobs)

Dana corp....over 400 laid off.

Lincoln National : 300 (on top of hundreds already laid off) to be laid off.

Verizon.....laying off.

Wal Mart: hiring

McDonalds :Hiring

Hardee's : Hiring..

Taco Bell : Hiring

Avon : Hiring..

LC

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

I get very frustrated! I got the the stores and the things I need are not even stocked on the shelves, so how can I purchase things? Somestimes it's everyday items I need to purchase sometimes it's not. How can the economy grow if the things I need I can't purchase? How is the economy going to gow this way? I talk to others and find they are having the same problems.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I would be interested if we had a UK equivalent to this thread as things vary a lot around this country. Here in the South we have nearly 100% employment but property prices have sky rocketed to push first time buyers out of the market. To buy a family house (3-4 bedrooms) in my home town you now need about £350,000 pounds. The land a few miles from me on the coast is the second most expensive land per square meter in the world. My company will pay me up to £5000 pounds if I can head-hunt a new qualified member of staff for them (they are an American company by the way). Many people here make their money in the city (London) and then move to France or Spain, with their savings, plus making huge profits from the property deal, this seems to be the order of the day, but I prefer to walk to work rather than commute for four hours a day for 10 or 20 years of my life. This is not the picture all across the UK however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit