Bullied At School

by Lost in the fog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Really glad you managed to cope George with your boxing skills.

My worst nightmare as an 'elder's son' happened one day on the ministry in a rough part of our territory when I was about fifteen.

I was working with an old elder who was preaching peace and love to the rough looking teenager who had answered the door.

He looked at the elder, then recognised me.

He said to the elder, "You should be be preaching peace and love to your friend standing next to you. He beat my mate Fangio in school to a pulp last week for calling him a JO-BO!"

I really wished the ground could have swallowed me up!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was verbally harassed for being a JW from 1st - 7th grade. Then my father moved the family to another state. Once I was in middle school in the new state no one ever found out I was a Witness. Not until high school and that was only because the other Witness kids outed me.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, I remember being bullied at school and it does stick with you. Making your kid go through school as a JW is cruel and unloving - anything that makes you stand out as "weird and different" is like waving a flag saying "pick on me!".

Public schools are the only place most people will ever encounter real violence. That and prison. Both usually badly run by the government. I think there's a decent chance that the bullies end up in prison later in life. I like the thought of that.

I wasn't bullied after I went all "Rocky Balboa" on a kid who was picking on me during a class (literally, everyone was chanting "Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!"). I got sent to see the head of year who also happened to be my English teacher. She started saying "so you two boys have been fighting in cla ...", looked up and exclaimed "Simon?!". She then asked me what happened, I told her, she gave the other kid detention and I was sent back to class (to another chorus of "Rocky! Rocky!" chants). He objected that he hadn't said his side and she said "what would the point be of hearing you lie? I've already heard what actually happened". There are benefits to the "honest" reputation after all.

In the playground one of the tough kids came up to me saying "I heard you beat (whatever his name was) up in class?" and I thought "uh oh!" ... after a timid nod he face lit up and he said "nice one! I heard it was awesome!".

That was my short-lived career as a fighter.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was bullied because I was a Jobot but not all that much.

There was a teacher that shouted at me for expressing Jobot ideas. This was in the 60's and 70's.

I was mainly bullied because I was a twat.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I once stood for the national anthem out of fear...but some "brothers" saw me so I hid in the toilets every other time.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I was one of the few JW when I was in school, except honestly for a few weird JW kids.

I always got along with everyone for the most part. Actually, I had a reputation for that.

Also, I was a big kid which didn't hurt.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I was bullied too. But once I took up kick boxing and firearms training, that all changed. I had One bully who challenged me and had to learn the hard way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit