Disassociation letter

by joao 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    My wife was (and still is) quite moved by my decision because she has been a JW for her entire life. It's hard. It messed up with all she has been taught even though she has also started to see some light

Wait for the ricochet.
    You could be in for a really rough ride from here on in.

• joao
    joao

Well, she is an intelligent person. I'm really hoping that, as time passes, she'll see all the mess WT has done with her own life.

• joao
    joao

But I'm in for any outcome! I'm free and there's nothing stronger than a free person!

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Best of luck to you and your family. Big step.

From what I've read here and elsewhere, perhaps a good way forward is to be the best husband you can be and don't press too hard on her decisions. Lead by example. Live a rich, full life.

Warm regards.

• joao
    joao

Wife is starting to feel calm about all the new situation and is also starting to reason about the issue. She as even pointed out Habakkuk 1:1-4 to me, which a friend had referred to her, to oppose the idea that we mustn't question and must obey the WT blindly!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

That works for you to write A DA letter , I sometimes wish I would of wrote one. But would be real simple. It would say " Go Screw yourself " or " Piss off" but I gave them my answer with my feet.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Parabéns pela decisão corajosa, João.

Congratulations for the brave decision which, ultimately, becomes inevitable once you realize you cannot live with lies anymore. Give your wife some room to breathe, she needs to be given the opportunity to let the dust settle and see things for what they are, objectively and free from excessive emotions. She'll come around, I'm sure.

Are you by any chance in the greater Lisbon area? Perhaps you'd like to meet for a drink?

R.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit