The Watchtower's method to show that it was appointed in 1919 CE

by Doug Mason 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
  • bohm
    bohm

Thanks for the presentation. I must admit I have given up occasionally in your longer documents because I simply lost track of the details, but this way of breaking things down makes it a lot less scary. Have you considered making this into a youtube video where you use this as a slide-show and talk the reader though the presentation?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for the links Doug.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Bohm,

I apologise for the complexity of my material. I am aware of that and this is one reason I try to use diagrams as much as possible in my Studies.

My sole intention is to inspire people to dig in and research for themselves, to experience the excitement of discovery, of finding new ideas, and to arrive at their own genuinely-held convictions but always prepared to accept change and growth. I know that no one will completely agree with me. That is the way it should be. I detest the way that the Watchtower demands every mind be in lock-step agreement.

If I get the opportunity, I could convert it into a video. Maybe after the project I am currently working on?

I do not like my voice, so that would have to be taken into consideration.

Any offers?

Doug

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Bohm,

Thinking a bit more on the complexity of my material.

In this latest presentation, I provide no supporting evidence for the statements I make. This makes it simpler. In my Studies, because I come with no academically recognised qualifications, I need to provide support through the material provided by scholars. I always say that I graduated from the University of Life, Faculty of Hard Knocks.

I would also like to add that what I prepare is a distillation from the books that really ARE very deep and technical. So I see myself as introducing people to those resources. I am currently researching the story of Christianity's first 200 years and in doing so I am looking into about 50 books. John Crossan says that if you get two Bible scholars together you finish up with three opinions.

In the end, each person must look deeply into their own positions and adjust these in the light of mature, objective, rational information and reasoning.

Let us agree to disagree, but to not be disagreeable. Discuss ideas so that we sharpen one another's thinking so that both benefit. If that takes deep thinking, then so be it.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit