Why do the Elders stress the importance of meeting attendance....

by Davros 16 Replies latest jw friends

• asp59
    asp59

Its in the letters they recive every week they have to read to congregation. Everything very robotic.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I think it could be for 2 reasons. The 1st is if the attendance is consistently low, the branch could put them on the chopping block and sell the KH. The 2nd reason is the indoctrination can wear off fairly fast if you stay away from it for several weeks and it happens even faster if you have doubts that you can ponder over.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A mother of a friend of mine who had doubts and was not going to meetings anymore said to him words to this effect " just start coming back to meetings again and eventually you will start believing it again "

Though that was the gist of it in a nutshell.

I don`t believe she realised what she was actually saying.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You need those boasting sessions to stop people from living their lives. Try and get a decent job? Nope, there's a great big boasting session right in the middle of the way. These boasting sessions also prevent any activities such as sports and club involvement, because invariably they will clash with a boasting session. And you cannot just take a nice 2 week vacation (not that it would be possible today under the lockdowns and the unemployment situation) without worrying about attending all the boasting sessions AND FIELD CIRCUS in the area you are visiting.

It is all a total waste of resources.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Real truths - as in, actual facts that are obvious and self-evident - shouldn't need constant reinforcement.

If they do, they're not "real truths".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DAVROS:

As others have said, it’s about Control.

If they don’t SEE you enough in person, the JWs can’t criticize you about your attitude, activity etc. They need a physical presence for this. Being online or remote won’t cut it indefinitely.

Even Zoom wouldn’t be enough (although I think it’s intrusive to have this in your home anyway).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Control yes, without doubt, because if too many drift away, the Elders themselves become redundant !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit