JW Sees Omen - Stops Molesting Boy

by imallgrowedup 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

A friend of mine sent this to me. Too bad this didn't work for all the silentlamb victims!

Jehovah's Witness
    Sees Omen:
    Stops Molesting Boy
    by Chuck Shepherd source: Arizona Republic

April, 1993

In Phoenix, Arizona, Paul Vernon Johnson, 26, stopped during his sexual molestation of a 13-year-old boy when the boy cried out, "Jehovah, help me."

Johnson said he was once a Jehovah's Witness, and he regarded the boy's cry as an "omen."

• tink
    tink

hm....shouldn't that be JW "hears" omen? wow, maybe saying ejhovah's name really DOES drive demons away!! and here i was thinking it was all a crock!

• franklin J
    franklin J

I am sure this will be announced as an expeience at the next circuit assembly and used as a poster expample.... the JWs will use this to their advantage.

good side is that the boy was able to escape from the situation....hope he is ok, and the molester caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Franklin -

Since the article was written in '93, they've probably already used it! And if they haven't, those who did call out for Jehovah and got abused anyway will see right through it.

I don't think it's going to be too much longer before the WT gets theirs ..........

growedup

• tink
    tink

think they'll gloss over the fact that the molester was a JW? wouldn't that be like THE PERFECT assembly story if he was worldly?

oh...i didn't notice the date...oops! oh well. :-P

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Tink -

hm....shouldn't that be JW "hears" omen?

You got a point there!!

growedup

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I remember reading that in the newspaper when it happened...people were like oooooooooo

glad it worked for the kid

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    good side is that the boy was able to escape from the situation....hope he is ok, and the molester caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

No the fellow is probably a MS or Elder in good standing in the congregation.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit