Do you know any JW who has ever done this?

by Esse quam videri 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Jesus had much to say about the kind of giving his followers should practice.

For example, the following:
    Matt 6:3 '...But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing...'

Matt 10:8 '... Freely you have received; freely give...'

However, he gave more specific instructions in Luke 14: 12-14.

Luke 14:12 ... “When you spread a dinner or an evening meal, do not call your friends or your brothers or your relatives or your rich neighbors. Otherwise, they might also invite you in return, and it would become a repayment to you. 13 But when you spread a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;+ 14 and you will be happy, because they have nothing with which to repay you. For you will be repaid in the resurrection+ of the righteous ones.”

Do you know of any time any JW's have done this or been encouraged to do this? Ever?

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I know some individuals who acted that way.

They did that however in their own initiative and not because the org promoted it.

The WT org doesn't promote this idea.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    there are great human beings who are jws. in spite of the org not because of it,
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The watchtower will never request this as they want the money that could be spent all for themselves.

Mind you, I'm not a JW now but I wouldn't invite the local bums and crack heads to my house for dinner. Gotta be practical these days.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Mathew 10.18 they will say they freely had a (cult) bible study so they freely give (cult) bible studies...other than that absolutely not, tight wads mostly

If you really want to help 21st century lepers' your bum homeless crack heads are the one's, self hating and hated, shunned and abused by family 9 times out of 10 or with underlying mental health problems...noone in the western world is so vulnerable to suicide & a miserable lonely death or violence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit