Justice American style

by Zep 26 Replies latest social current

• Zep
    Zep

We Australians have just found out that one of two australians detained at guantanamo are FINALLYgoing to get a trial. America repatriates its own citizens and they get a nice civil trial on home soil. Our citizens on the other hand get a military trial. They are judged and defended by the same military that captured them, in a trial were the usual standard of proof is a little relaxed. David Hicks must be so happy.Well, atleast he can choose a lawyer who can act as an advisor to his defense, maybe thats something I guess!

But who am I to complain anyway. We know these people are guilty, we know David Hicks is guilty of something really bad, so why bother with the fiasco of a fair trial. It's like Rumsfeld said, these people are the worst of the worst...well...apart from the 80 odd who, after being detained for a year or two in cuba, have quietly been shipped back to afghanistan and probably never had anything to do with al-qaida and the taliban.Lucky them.

• smack
    smack

You have a PM

• Zep
    Zep

nice bike!

• Zep
    Zep

jesus christ...what a dead thread. Either I make too much sense or I'm just nuts and no-one takes me seriously.

oh well. I'm havin' another beer!

P.S. I thinkl howard is a bitch by-the-way SMack. I have no time for him or Bush really!

• shamus
    shamus

Hey Zep, you dead-threader..

I don't know what you are talking about... that's why I didn't really comment. We, too, have ppl in detention without a trial (in Canada) because of the old "alqueada" thingy... oh well...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Oh, yes, the troubles of captured enemy soldiers are WAY up on my list of concerns...

CZAR

• Zep
    Zep

what about the principal of a fair trial, is that high on your concern?...Only for American citizens I bet!

• Zep
    Zep

Oh, I get it....Guilty people shouldn't get fair trials. I with you Czar!

• smack
    smack

I'm not familiar enough with the case, all I know is he was on the other team in a war. If the war is over, then aren't POW's supposed to be returned?

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer

psst Zep, I rode up to Swansea on Sunday, lovely place, lovely road. No decent food!

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

KILL 'EM ALL & LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit