Merry Christmas!

by lambsbottom 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

It has been over 4 years since I started reading/posting on this forum. Wow, 4 years! It has been a real journey.

Going from a devout JW, to having a close call with a loved one possibly needing a transfusion, to researching the heck out of everything, to letting it rest and go back to sleep for a while, to moving states and almost going crazy knowing all the BS they were speaking from the platform.

Leaving was the best choice of my life, apart from my beautiful wife. I am almost in tears writing this. This forum is one of the top things/people I can thank for support. You answered any question, you cared, you were patient and kind. You were fair and reasonable, and I couldn't dismiss you as "mentally diseased" apostates. You helped me remove the blinding influence of the WT and clear the cobwebs from my brain.

I reconciled with my DF'd mom and now she understands TTATT. I am slowly becoming closer with my DF'd sister (though that is really going slow). Life is simple now. I still get scared sometimes and don't know which way to go. But, I rely on my support structure and God, and know that I just have to make today a good day. One day at a time.

I have a beautiful, supportive wife and three amazing kids. I'm 31, am in good health, have a few amazing friends, and have some great family. I am truly grateful for all that I have, including you all.

Thanks for being here,

lambsbottom (Jake)

Austin, TX

• talesin
    talesin

That is such GOOD NEWS! So glad to hear it, and Happy Xmas, Jake. xx

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Sounds like life is good for you and your family. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
  • fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

So happy to hear that you were able to reconnect with loved ones, and that you are living a satisfying life!

May wonderful things happen for all of us now that we are able to think for ourselves out of the WT grip.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Miss y'all bro!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have a beautiful, supportive wife and three amazing kids. I'm 31, am in good health, have a few amazing friends, and have some great family. I am truly grateful for all that I have, including you all.

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Congrats!

Doc

• millie210
    millie210

Beautifully written. I am happy for you lambsbottom (Jake).

I especially liked what you wrote about things getting simpler. I can see that happening in my own life to. You are right.

Life is so much more now.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Merry Christmas, Lambsbottom~!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am so happy for you, glad things are going well, thanks for letting us know. So many times people come here in a crisis, get support, then move on in their lives. That's really what should happen, but it's nice to get confirmation sometimes.

Felix Navidad!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

We have been glad to follow your fruitful journey, helping when asked.

Pass it on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit