REAL Community service now allowed?

by ab.ortega 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

At Watchtowers website there is an undated article under "helping the community" relating how in 2015, JW's from Russia participated in the 'springtime beautification of the city'. It is not stated but more than likely this had to do with preparations for some assembly or something.

A group of witness going out to clean the community just for goodwill - I don't see it happening. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Source: "Jehovah’s Witnesses Help to Beautify Rostov-on-Don"

• steve2
    steve2

Well, they're not exactly a free group in Russia and are often subjected to legal challenges - so perhaps it's a feel-good initiative to show Putin and company JWs are an okay group?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Agree with Steve. I think it's a bit of a publicity stunt to try and demonstrate JWs are just normal citizens who like to perform their civic duty.

• schnell
    schnell

*shrug*

As soon as they help out in a food drive or something, let me know.

• Island Man
    Island Man

As far as I understand, JWs in Russia do some perfunctory charity work once per year - typically cleaning some public area like a park or the streets - because they're required by Russian law to do so in order to remain qualified as an approved religion or charity in Russia. So this is not something they're doing voluntarily out of the goodness of their hearts. It's something they're legally obligated to do in Russia.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thanks for the clarification IM. It's even worse than simply trying to suck up to the authorities.

• Half banana
    Half banana

How typically bogus of the JW org to claim to have done a charitable act when it was compulsory in the first place.

JW org: shameless masters of deception

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I agree that there has to be something in it for them, either publicity or some kind of legal thing.They have no interest whatsoever in anything but themselves. Their core believes are around this entire planet not being worth saving and needing a "new order", so no, I cannot imagine them doing anything nice that doesn't have anything in it for them.

• darkspilver
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Community service, beards, ATM's at the assembly halls and dancing in the assembly halls? What's next Christmas is ok? Wow...WT must need money bad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit