About quiting hours

by Gorb 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

What i'm thinking: can a jw be happy that the hour rapport quits? Can you show you are happy with it in the kingdom hall? Knowing it was one of the control systems of the local elders and CO?

What will elders think? One of their tools has left? How to control the lazy one's?

G.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I hope some of the pimo report what the congregations are saying about it. I think it will be like a weight lifted from their shoulders.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

More like a dump truck lifted off their shoulders.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My wife was delighted when I told her… She has never been able to report big hours , ,health reasons , and has often felt that they thought less of her . Now they won’t know…

I imagine the big hour ( look at me, I’m always out) ones will be sorry .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLUES BROTHER:

Your wife is correct. The Witnesses probably did think less of her because she didn’t get those big hours in!.. Now, that requirement vanished like smoke.

I’m Out for over 22 years so I don’t know if the attitude towards non-pioneer or low-hour publishers got better. But, in the late ‘70s and ‘80s it was not nice. Back then it was literally a frenzy to pioneer. If you didn’t pioneer, what could possibly be wrong with you?.. Well, I worked full-time and you wouldn’t believe the amount of garbage and remarks I heard. I was an outcast in the hall with few ‘friends’ to talk to.

In time I ‘Faded’ then Retired.. After hearing this latest news yesterday, I’m Super-glad I stuck to my guns years ago and held onto that job until the end.👍🏻

I have nothing but contempt for this worthless religion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Gorb - “…Can you show you are happy with it in the kingdom hall?”

Well…

…as long as it’s not too gushy, you reiterate what a “loving provision” it is, and express the proper gratitude-slash-obsequiousness towards the GB and their “spirit-directed” brilliance…

…sure.

😏

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

It's been fizzling toward that direction for a few years anyway.

The local congregations here didn't even keep much literature in stock. Half the time if somebody ordered something specific, it never came in. For the campaigns, each person was only given a small handful of tracts or magazines (like 5) by their group overseer. Some publishers printed their own invitations to the Memorial or went to a print shop to order copies of invitations to distribute for the conventions because the congregation didn't provide any.

The elders weren't required to forward the numbers of placements to headquarters for a long time anyway, just forwarding the hours. (The rank and file still put down the numbers of placements, but the secretary wasn't forwarding them.) That's part of why the elders here weren't motivated to dole out literature. They knew it didn't matter.

This wasn't a last minute move by the GB. It was planned.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

This is a dream come true for JWs. It's a great marketing decision by the organization. Their publisher numbers will go up and they can use that number as evidence that Jehovah is blessing the new arrangement.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""The governing body is neither inspired nor infallible so it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational""

They keep spouting this.

The same way the flipped on organ transplants.

Check out Self-Aware NPC channel.

She just rips the Borg to shreds!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The governing body will see NO need to apologize to the witnesses.

Down to earth humble dudes!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit