"You wouldn't want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name, would you?"

by Esse quam videri 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

What would be your reply?

My reply: Jehovah is big enough to take care of himself.

Yours?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironically many have left the lying corrupt Watchtower Corporation based on that premise.

• Island Man
    Island Man

It depends on the context. If the statement is being made as justification to not report allegations of pedophilia to the police then my response would be:

Which would bring greater reproach on the name of Jehovah: To report an allegation of pedophilia to the police and have the public thinking that one of Jehovah's Witnesses is a pedophile? Or to keep it secret and then years later the public finds out, not only that one of Jehovah's Witnesses is a pedophile, but also that congregation elders covered up the issue so that the pedophile was able to attack more victims?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

My reply:

Yes, I do.

"Jehovah" has behaved poorly. His track record is not above reproach.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Translation: "You don't want to make the GB/Watchtower look bad, do you?"

Just another one of the JW catch phrases. I think they have a book of catch phrases they refer to:

"They are imperfect men."

"Proper food at the proper time."

"Leave it in Jehovahs hands."

"Waiting on Jehovah."

The list goes on and on.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

"Surely you don't think anything you and I do can bring more reproach upon his name than all the genocide, killing, torturing, raping, human trafficking etc. he committed or ordered himself?

That's like saying a kid getting just a B+ on a test is a disgrace to his father, the convicted murderer-rapist"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Even the worst offender does not reproach Jehovah's name... such a man brings reproach on that human organization that goes by the name of Jehovah's Witnesses.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

BB

Even the worst offender does not reproach Jehovah's name... such a man brings reproach on that human organization that goes by the name of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Exactly

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Most of the time this comes up in order to discourage someone from seeking justice or reporting wrongdoing, I would simply point out that honestly exposing the matter cannot possibly bring reproach upon Jehovah. If anything the actions of the other party that got you to that conversation is what brought the reproach. Exposing the matter is the best way to clean up the reproach already brought upon his name.
    That's assuming you want to address a jw elder in such a way that it makes logical sense within the bounds of the cult without exposing you as an apostate. The real answer is of course I want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name, and by extension the cult that uses it so much. The lower the public opinion is of the cult, the better off the world will be.
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

Jehovah lets children be killed and die....and sexually assaulted.

I'd say he has done it to himself. You?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit