Name one POSITIVE thing you took from your experience as a Witness

by geodude 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• a watcher
    a watcher

I found my Creator, Jehovah, and His son, Jesus Christ.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Many things have been brought out but for me the most positive thing I got out of the cult was my wife. 46 years next month for us. Still Totally ADD

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

8 day 12 per day assemblies taught me as a child how to go somewhere else mentally when I faced anything that was hopelessly daunting.

I learned how to speak publicly and had no problems as long as someone provided me with the topics and the words to say and no one asked ME for my own opinion.

I got good at seeking approval from authority figures.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

About the only thing they got right was that smoking is bad. Even though they viewed it as wicked instead of stupid (it is stupid). And no, it turns out that Satan is against smoking. Satan does not want us suffering--joke-hova and its "chosen people" do. Even though the washtowel blamed smoking on Satan, they did get right that it is bad to smoke cancer sticks.

Of course, I didn't smoke before I got scammed into that cancer.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I gave up smoking when i became a JW only to find out after many years that it was still tolerated ,that pissed me off a bit at the time .

But i`m glad now that I stopped .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have a lot of hatred for people and things. Thank you Jobo-corporation.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I can imagine those of you who were elders take with you herd control techniques and just maybe also a lust for power 🤭

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Just the public speaking. I find it easier than one to one conversations! In fact I get off on it and feed on my audiences reaction. As for Best Man speeches at weddings, well, the last one I did for my kid brother even had the hotel staff rolling in the aisles. Just a born show-off I guess.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Joey - I can imagine those of you who were elders take with you herd control techniques

No more than any other Jobo. The Elder's schools were absolute crap. they haven't helped me with any techniques. I wish they had.

and just maybe also a lust for power

Not at all. Maybe for some. I just wanted to serve Jehovah(tm) and be a real help to the congregation. I do know of some Elders that were bullies...they are still in the Jobo cult now!

I get lustful thoughts though but that's just me....nothing to do with being a Jobo.

Image result for chinese bathing beauty

I still can't think of much positive stuff from being a Jobo.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Right on Punk. As a elder I never wanted to control others or lust for power. As for the other lust I know exactly what you mean. Take care. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit