Leah Remini - Scientology Documentary

by tresdecu 18 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I know some has been posted about Leah Remini and her split from Scientology. I just wanted to add after finishing it last night, it is a must watch for questioning JWs...every episode has familiar situations and parallels that will make JWs really think (or squirm). Watch it with someone you want to wake up!!!! It will definitely help. My wife who is inactive but still is torn and believes (elder dad, pioneer mom) was anxious to watch it every week. She made comments about the similarities. If you watch with a fully "in" JW, it will make them a little uncomfortable for sure.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It helped my wife wake up a great deal

• Baritone63
    Baritone63

Hi. I am new to this site. I watched the entire series, which was alarming. I have seen "Going Clear" also. Reference was made to Jehovah's Witnesses and the same kind of disassociation tactics made, when a family member or friend leaves the JW's. Every morning, I go to one of our city beach parks for my long daily walk. There are JW's there at two different tables. I've often wondered if they needed permits, with all of the literature displayed on racks. I have always invited a JW in to talk, when anyone as come to my door. Yesterday, I decided to ask some questions of the three men. I asked about the transparency of the organization, about excommunication and disassociation. I was not confrontational, and wanted to be as kind and courteous as possible. I have been a "man of faith" or "truth seeker" for my entire life. I just wanted to know "If I were to leave the faith, because some event has occurred in my life that has challenged my faith to the point of leaving, will other family members or friends in the faith be told to disassociate with me?" He couldn't/wouldn't answer my question without dodging it, using scripture that really had nothing to do with the question. One should know ahead of time, before making any commitments, right? And why is someone leaving such a threat to the organization? Seems very clandestine, and would not be so eager to join. Lots more questions, but liked the thread. Could you help? Thanks so much.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

tredecu - I agree it is a very powerful show. I would also recommend to watch Leah Remini on the Conan O'Brian show this week, show date Jan 25, 2017. Great interview between Leah and Conan.

• flipper
    flipper

My wife and I watched every episode of Leah's show- it was fantastic and well done. Leah and Mike Rinder really exposed the workings of what goes on in Scientology as well as many mind control cults. The final show with Steve Hassan on it was outstanding. He and Leah were even crying on it due to the stresses of having been in cults themselves. I was crying with them. I hope they are able to come back and have more shows in the series.

Thanks Toes Up for the heads up on the Conan O' Brien show with Leah Remini on it. We'll have to watch that on demand on Xfinity. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• mrmagic
    mrmagic
    I watched several episodes and really like it
  • ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Is it available on Hulu?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

ab.ortega asked, "is it available on Hulu?"

I have no idea, why don't YOU LOOK?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

for all us in australia, the show starts Feb 8 at 8.30pm brisbane time on foxtel crime, sorry i don't have anjy details of any free to air viewing

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TREDESCU:

I just saw the episode with Steve Hassan.

It is an excellent series and I congratulate Leah in not only telling her shocking story, but also helping the public to be informed about all these religions/groups that are around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit