Annual Meeting 2022: Geoffrey Jackson: Why Jerusalem mattersem Matters

by raymond frantz 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• raymond frantz
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Forty two minutes?

Sorry. Can't do it.

Of course, I realize it could be worse. It could be Stephen Bozo Lett.

• Riley
    Riley

I am guessing it is about how the "Borg" has replaced the Jewish people. I am sure it is very boastful and highly anti sematic at the same time.

Please don't confuse me as one of those crazy evangelicals who is looking at the events in the middle east and talking about the " End of Days ". I really don't care.

I am also not going to watch that video. Please someone tell me how close I am.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Jerusalem chronology in JWdom has to stick to the 607BCE date. Without it, the cornerstone collapses taking the entire Borganization with it. The whore Borganization crumbles.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

IBSA decided that Israel had no significance for future fulfillment of Bible prophecy when Russell took a group to Jerusalem around 1913 (I may be a year off) and found that the Jews were disinterested in his message. They were not going to convert en masse. Just a few years ago, Watchtower dabbled with the same idea and again decided that the Jews in Israel were even less enthused about the message that Watchtower delivered.

The Bible is clear that the "center of the earth" is Israel - whether you subscribe to it's message or not. WTC refuses to relinquish the role that they believe they have as being at the center of all prophecies. This tainted narcissistic narrative influences everything they do and teach. When they refer to Jerusalem, it is never in relation to the future, just the past.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Didn't the WTS paint itself as the 'New Israel' or something along those lines? The idea was that there would be a spiritual Israel that would be God's new nation and His new people. Regardless of what happens in the Mideast, they can claim that they're the focus of any prophecies and of God's favor because they're the modern-day Israel, as far as Jehovah is concerned.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I watched GJ’s talk… it was nothing about spiritual Jerusalem or that sort of thing. He said how the end is sooooo close! He discussed the situation in 1st century Jerusalem, the rebellion in 66ce. I think he wanted to show his research into the period and the various revolts that drove the Romans out.

His point was that JWs need to be decisive and not be “ fooled into. trusting worldly institutions that look impregnable now” , but flee the city as they did in 66ce and were spared when the Romans came back and destroyed it…..

Thats all. I think we all made a bold decision when we quit the WTS . I know that I have never doubted that decision since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit