jw family loves to ask df'd ones for money!

by Ghiagirl 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Yes, Yes, Yes! My family must endure the same effing behavior. One sibling became a baptized JW. Since that has happened he has had great fiscal decline and lose. Had homes, took vacations, nice things and then let everything go waiting for Jehovah to end this evil system of things.

My folks have had to bail him and his family out continuously. He cannot connect the dots between his lack of blessings and his clouded cult based decisions regarding his future.

But, when you're family, it's hard to give tough love. We all want our loved ones [even if they're delusional], to have a soft landing as opposed to a crash landing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Ghiagirl

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Tell them your money could be "demonized" and cause them to become materialistic. And if the other JWs in the congregation find out, your relatives could be shunned themselves.

Atlantis!

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

When I was mentally in I would still give money to my DF'ed close family member in need.

I would sit down with them and determine whether they are really in need or do they just want a bailout of their poor decisions. You could ask them "If I was in need would you help me?" Try to reach their heart.

Refusing to help them because of the way they treat your husband will only enhance their indoctrinated world-view. If you are vindictive at all it will only strengthen their confidence that they are "doing the right thing for Jehovah"

Help them out but use this opportunity to open a dialogue, in love. Love hopes all things and love never fails

• out4good4
    out4good4

Give them copies of the latest magazines.....

Then paraphrase James 2:16....

"Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled;"

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411
    Sorry to hear this but this is a common occurrence in the JW world. I know of a poor JW family who tried the same thing to their "worldly" part of the family. Rarely had contact with them because we all know worldly people including your own family are bad association. Well then they needed some money and suddenly the worldly family were their bank. In the end the evil worldly family gave them some money for their situation and told them to keep it but to please unite the family instead of destroy it.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I'd never take the stance of sunning a JW family member and sink to their level on using it as a punishment. But when it comes to friends, family, or anyone who is WILLFULLY cutting me off, I will not chase them, I will not help them. It is a form of enabling. They are toxic, toxic relationships should be kept at a proper distance for your own mental & in this case financial health. I'd tell them kindly sorry, no can do. Why would you help someone who is essentially abusing you?
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once you are nice to the jokehovians once, they will expect you to be nice to them all the time. I would not make the mistake of giving them any money, especially if you are disfellowshipped and they are using you for money. You give it to them personally, they are probably going to throw it into the Worldwide Damnation Fund.

As for me, they are not getting anything. No matter what. I know that those "grasshoppers" that saved nothing will be up the creek without a paddle when the dollar becomes toilet paper or we get bank bail-ins here, but too bad. Who was it that forced them to throw away all their money? I didn't hound or force them to place all their money into the Worldwide Damnation Fund instead of saving it or buying things that will be useful (tools, silver and gold, non-perishable food, high quality food and flashlight/battery systems, and so on). So they will be getting nothing from me. No toilet paper based currency now, and no silver or gold when the dollar becomes toilet paper or bail-ins happen.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    My brothers n sisters always treated me different....ive been to prison, df'd, did my wrongs....but paid my dues. And after them coming to me constantly for money to help them complete rent.....i bought my two brothers n sister a mobile home. All they pay now is a small space fee. And yet....if i ever go to a meeting with them"which is quite unlikely☺"....they wont talk to me. But hey.....my conscience is clear.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't know what I would do if I were in this situation since I have no family in the JW religion....But, I know what it is like for family to be asking for money, but they are not shunning me!

However, if I had JW family shunning me and asking for money:....if they were crying and REALLY desperate I suppose I would give them money, groceries, etc. but I would tell them they are hypocrites for asking me. I would also say that they should ask their "spiritual" friends for money. (But, I know full well the bastards wouldn't give them sh#t).

I have a particular problem with Witness hypocrisy. I was criticized for working full-time and considered "not spiritual" by pioneers and other freeloaders who didn't want to be part of the workforce.

Therefore, I wouldn't give the religion OR these people a dime!!!...Let them scrounge...Let them feel the full complement of the punishment of seeing life in the REAL world!..Now, it's my turn to run away from THEM.

However, blood is another story. But, it does depend on the circumstances!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    Ghiagirl I would make the point that no financial help gets forwarded to people who shun over religious beliefs,
    if that's the position they take then shouldn't expect anything and keep on shunning.

Suggest asking for money from the rich WTS heads who have millions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit