Keystone XL Pipeline & Watchtower Research

by IWant2Leave 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

And here’s another strike against the notion that Indian tribes are against the pipelines:

The Uinthay (second largest reservation in the US) and Ouray blasted the Biden order saying it was illegal and says the order is a direct attack on their sovereignty. These and other tribes depend on the energy production throughout their lands and they say that such measures have to be discussed with their tribes first.

As I said, the President doesn’t have unilateral power to just cancel the pipeline or domestic oil production.

• IWant2Leave
  • Simon
    Simon
    Only 48% of Canadians support this 2nd pipeline(XL). This could mean that 52% are against or don't have an opinion on it.

52% of Canadian are misinformed fools. They rely on oil to live, but prefer to pay more to get it imported from less environmentally friendly, human-rights abusing, countries.

Only a few native Americans are against the pipelines, most want to share in the prosperity, but the news media only shows the ones that are on the side of the looney left and the "green-new-deal".

Biden is already one of the worst presidents ever. Imagine costing 1m jobs on day one, in the middle of a pandemic and all the economic impact that entails, and saying "well, they can just get different jobs ...".

• Simon
    Simon
    So it may be more cost effective to ship oil from Canada to a Pennsylvania refinery and then sell it back to Toronto than shipping it from Prince Rupert to Vancouver to get refined and sell the final product in Toronto.

The US has cleaner refineries than Canada (bet that surprises most people) so it makes more environmental sense to have pipelines to them.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4176459/pollution-from-canadian-refineries-an-embarrassment-compared-to-u-s/

• Simon
    Simon

When "clean" electric power generation is actually clean, doesn't destroy the environment and isn't created with oil-based energy to mine, manufacture, transport and then step in to handle 95% of the load required, let me know!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yeah! Let's use GREEN electric powered everything.

Just plug it all into the current "clean" source of energy.

Emissions from electricity generation lead to disproportionate number of  premature deaths for some racial groups | UW News

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just to pick up on a good point made in the O.P , This > : " if you go to a source that supports a subject, all you get is information that supports that viewpoint. Makes sense?".

That is so true, and wants pointing out to any JW who directs you to the Org's Site for info. I would say to such JW's something like " If you wanted to find out the truth about the Mormon religion, would you simply go the THEIR Site and blindly accept what it says ?".

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

So Americans will suffer the next 4 years because the President is going to try to eliminate fossil fuels for good which is impossible, but look at who is going to benefit from this executive order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoyUhj5sv9U

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I love how the OP's point was simply that it's important to look at sources of information and how as a JW he never did that, and it is then followed by lots of people asserting that their opinions or their source is the accurate one. I agree with the OP. Do your own research, read multiple sides, come up with your own view, realize that it's nothing more than your view and not "The Truth" that everyone else must believe because you and you alone are right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit